World Goth Day 22nd of May!

Replies
    views
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch After a long search I found a list of games which have a Gothic theme and are most popular with the Gothic culture. I wouldn't say all of the games mentioned capture the whole gothe vibe but seem close enough.

1: Darkest Dungeon® II
    2. Darkest Dungeon®
    3. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodhunt
    4. Blasphemous
    5. ASTLIBRA Revision
    6. Gothic II: Gold Classic
    7. The Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos
    8. Gothic 3
    9. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
    10. Have a Nice Death
    11. Alice: Madness Returns
    12. Gothic 1 Classic
    13. Fear & Hunger 2
    14. Devil May Cry HD Collection
    15. ELEX II
    16. Risen
    17. Lord of the Dark Castle
    18. ELEX 74
    19. Sunless Sea
    20. Gloomwood
    21. Risen 2 - Dark Waters
    22. Risen 3 - Titan Lords 38
    23. Iratus: Lord of the Dead
    24. Othercide
    25. Thymesia
    26. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
    27. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Ultimate Edition
    28. Brütal Legend
    29. ArcaniA
    30. The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut
    31. Rogue Lords 1
    32. Battlefleet Gothic: Armada
    33. The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing
    34. The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II
    35. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 8
    36. Tap Adventure: Time Travel
    37. Corpse Keeper
    38. Gal Guardians: Demon Purge
    39. Gothic Playable Teaser
    40. Blood of the Werewolf
    41. The Lost Souls

On the other hand there an also games on the Google Play store having the Goth theme.

There's Oh my Goth!

Oh, My Goth is a dress-up game to express your gothic style. Get inspired by this new trend that emerged from the collision of gothic and whimsical styles.

Fran Bow is available both on Google and Pc

The story is about a young girl escaping an asylum. Upon escaping, she is taken across many worlds with many disturbing creatures. Rather than relying on jump scares and cheap thrills, Fran Bow keeps the player on edge through suspense and a nail-biting atmosphere.

Gothic Murder: Adventure that

A housemaid takes on a terrifying murder plan in order to protect her lord, whose life is in danger! A romantic mystery that takes place at an earl's manor.

A few months back you and I had a discussion about a game called Second Life. Well, there is a whole goth community on they're designing their own characters and enjoying their second life.

I think there may be more games I can mention but have to look even deeper. The Dark Web may hold some surprises 😂😆
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot Took me a bit to work through the list, this is a lot.

Though in many instances, I want to say that goth can be applied to the games rather loosely. Darkest Dungeon is closer to Lovecraftian vibe-wise, and Battlefleets: Gothic Armada probably only has those elements in the ship designs (Warhammer 40K Imperium ships all look like giant gothic cathedrals, it's true).

Gothic itself is more of a medieval RPG...

Not sure if I am fit to judge, but which game would best capture the gothic "vibe" rather than visual elements?
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch OMW!! Apologies for all the spelling and grammar mistakes in my post! 😂

It's quite an extensive list. I must agree with you none of the games mentioned really capture the goth "vibe" or the culture. It almost seems there aren't any out there at the moment.

If I must choose one on the list I would recon Vampire the Masquerade comes closest.

Name:  Original-Content-does-not-exist-On-this-website-meme-11479.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  35.5 KB
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot what in Vampire the Masquerade puts it above the rest?
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch I would say the clothing, clubs and music in the game put it above the rest.

The Asylum Club in Bloodlines is a good example. The theme of the club is very much the same as a goth club in real life. Won't say it is 100% spot on but close enough.
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot I guess Chiasm can be seen as goth. She plays electronic music, but those are not mutually exclusive.

Not sure about the clothing, though... Tremere, Ventrue, and Toreador, maybe... Nosferatu and Malkavian costumes were too sexual, and Brujah and Gangrel too plain, I think. Which clan did you play as?
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch I chose Gangrel the last time I played. The clothing depends on what type of goth. There are Victorian Goths, Electro Goths, Plain Goths, Medieval Goths, 80's Goths, Traditional Goths, Romantic Goths, Hippie Goths, Pastel Goths and many more. I could wear a T-shirt and flip-flops to a club and still be goth.
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot I am afraid I am not as versed in all the varieties of this subculture. Then again, I am very bad when it comes to identifying fashion style from looks, so I guess Gangrel did not look "Goth enough" to me.

But also, when you listed them all, I sort of got this impression:

Name:  7os7vy.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  97.3 KB
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch 😂😁. Your impression is the same as mine. I find it hard these days to "identify".

There are so many genres and subgenres it's hard to keep track. On the other hand, I also feel some are made up just to fit in with the specific crowd even though the person or persons does not really know what the culture is all about.

Name:  02-1-3-380x214.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  20.9 KB

- - - Updated - - -
    @mahmoud887 Thanks, Bro!! 😊