Very confused about performance issues on my laptop.

Replies
    views
    Level 2
    Hi everyone, I recently bought a Legion Pro 7i Gen 8 Intel (16") with RTX 4070 and I am getting very confusing performance issues - particularly with Diablo 4 which is the reason why I bought the laptop. I am getting A LOT of stuttering issues especially when I am loading into new areas. Aside from that, the game runs fairly smoothly but it will stutter and hitch too much for me to just let it go.

I am not a technically savvy person. Should Diablo 4 run this poorly on my laptop, which is only 3 months old? Is there anything I can do here?

Please let me know if you have any other questions or if you need more information.

Thank you and have a nice day.
  • 3 Replies

Level 52
    @zorknemesis The issues you are facing seem to affect a few Diablo 4 players and your hardware may not be the cause.

I found some interesting info which may explain why Diablo stutters.

Diablo 4 lag, rubber banding, and stutter explained

Diablo 4 lag has the unfortunate side effects of rubber banding and stutter, so you should rule out hardware issues to ensure the problem is server-side.

How do I fix Diablo 4 lag? With so many players rushing to play Blizzard’s latest, we’re seeing some reports of rubber banding and stuttering, which some might mistake for hardware issues. That said, we’re here to help you rule out your own rig as the culprit to give you confidence that the problem is indeed server-side.

While you wait for your Diablo 4 connection to stabilize, we’ve got expert guides to every Diablo 4 class and the best Diablo 4 builds. Be sure to check out the dungeon, stronghold, and world boss locations to expedite your progress too. Now, let’s talk Diablo 4 rubber banding and lag.

What is Diablo 4 lag?

Diablo 4 lag is the unfortunate result of a poor server connection and high latency, and it has the side effect of rubber banding, random stutters, and occasional disconnections.
    While you can sometimes attribute Diablo 4 stutter and what some might term as ‘lag’ to hardware issues, the majority of reported cases of rubber banding are almost certainly server-side issues.

How do I fix Diablo 4 lag?

Here are some steps you can take to fix Diablo 4 lag:

• Is Diablo 4 down? Make sure the servers are live.
    • Check your internet connection is stable.
    • Check your server ping.
    • Disconnect and reconnect your rig to the internet.
    • Reboot the game.
    • Use a wired connection.
    • Turn off Diablo 4 cross-play.
    • Play outside of peak hours.
    • Rule out hardware issues.

With so many players jumping online to play Diablo 4 at once, it’s no surprise that some technical hiccups have arisen. We’re hopeful that as we get further from the game’s launch, fewer players will be logging on and, as a result, lag and rubberbanding will become less common.

That said, you can still make use of our Diablo 4 best settings guide, check out the Diablo 4 system requirements, and see which options most affect your FPS to rule out any potential hardware issues. At this point, you might be left wishing for a Diablo 4 offline mode, or at least a way to play Diablo 4 solo until the servers stabilize. We wouldn’t blame you.

Hope you find the info helpful. :)
    Level 32
    @DracoTarot
    incredible work mate keep it up
    itsMahdy1: Get with it!
    Level 52
    @itsMahdy Thanks, Mate! I'm always eager to help where I'm able to. :)