Thumbs Up
    Received: 158
    Given: 458

What's your favourite Cheese and are you addicted?
    26-03-21

I know this is a really weird topic to talk about but I want to hear what fellow gamers think about Cheese. Do you love it or hate it?

I'm addicted to everything with cheese. I can't help myself when it comes to food. There will always be cheese even if it's in powdered form. I will even go as far as to wrap a boiled egg in it. Strange I know 😶. All this madness to cheese addiction actually has a scientific reason and your body craving certain proteins all the time.

Crazy fact: Cheese, with its impossible-to-resist combination of fat, salt, and creaminess, certainly feels like it could be addictive. It would explain why that second (or third, or fourth) slice of pizza calls to you so loudly, even after you think you’re full. With a growing body of evidence, food can have addictive qualities, it’s worth revisiting the offhand way you (may) say, “Oh my word, I’m, like, seriously addicted to cheese,” after crushing an entire block of extra-sharp cheddar before dinner, and why it matters.

Cheese is "dairy crack"

It turns out that cheese really is kinda sorta like dairy crack since your brain reads a component of cheese as an addictive substance. The culprit is casein, a protein in dairy that gets super concentrated during the cheesemaking process. When you eat a hunk of Roquefort or a slice of Brie, your body has to break down the casein contained therein.

It turns out that the human brain evolved to really, really, really enjoy fat, especially when combined with salt. Fat is a calorie-dense substance, which makes it attractive to a hunter-gatherer type always in need of efficient energy sources.

In cheese, we get massive concentrations of fat and salt, which are highly evolved brains that continue to love. Combine this with the opioid-like casomorphins, and cheese suddenly goes from “very delicious” to “obscenely tempting.”

So the question here is, am I the only one who has this addiction and having a cheesy keyboard while gaming? Call of Duty Pizza weekends is the best. 😀🍕
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 833
    Given: 726

26-03-21

Saw your topic and had to reply. I LOVE cheese. Currently my favourite is feta cheese - I put it in all my salads and also in the oven, cubes of it on top of vegetables and it melts nicely on top. 🤤
    And at restaurants (hopefully can go again soon) when I have pasta for example and they ask if you want parmesan on top, I say yes and it can be awkward becuase when they start adding it on my plate, I just say "a bit more..... no a bit more.... a bit more...." until there actual food is no longer visible! I always think the waiter disapproves. 😂 But it's so good!

🧀​​​​​​​🧀​​​​​​​ 🧀​​​​​​​🧀​​​​​​​ 🧀
    ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​☕ Hi I'm Marion and I'm part of the Legion Community Team!
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 999
    Given: 2,076

26-03-21

I love cheese too! I like almost all foods that have cheese in it especially mozzarella sticks! My favorite type of cheese would be parmesan 🤤 and recently I've been having it as a snack that consists of crackers with grapes and parmesan cubes - DELICIOUS!
    ​​​​​​​→ New to Legion Community? Find out all you need to know to get started!
    → If you have any questions, feel free to reach out via private message:)
    → Arabic speaker? Check out our Arabic Community!
    Thumbs Up

27-03-21

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I love cheese too! I like almost all foods that have cheese in it especially mozzarella sticks! My favorite type of cheese would be parmesan 🤤 and recently I've been having it as a snack that consists of crackers with grapes and parmesan cubes - DELICIOUS!

Sounds delicious. Will definitely give it a try. 😀

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marion View Post
    Saw your topic and had to reply. I LOVE cheese. Currently my favourite is feta cheese - I put it in all my salads and also in the oven, cubes of it on top of vegetables and it melts nicely on top. 🤤
    And at restaurants (hopefully can go again soon) when I have pasta for example and they ask if you want parmesan on top, I say yes and it can be awkward becuase when they start adding it on my plate, I just say "a bit more..... no a bit more.... a bit more...." until there actual food is no longer visible! I always think the waiter disapproves. 😂 But it's so good!

🧀​​​​​​​🧀​​​​​​​ 🧀​​​​​​​🧀​​​​​​​ 🧀

I can relate with you on so my levels. It sometimes reaches the point of paying more for the food than the original price just because of the cheese addiction. 😂
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

29-03-21

Cheese is life 🙌🏼 All things cheese
    Thumbs Up

29-03-21

😀😀🙌.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 27

11-04-21

lol count me in as another fan of cheese! Gotta say cheddar is my favorite, however I've recently made a great discovery: fetta cheese on pizza is awesome!