[CLOSED] Ask Meshael your Questions & stand a chance to WIN!

Replies
    views
    Community Manager
    Get your questions ready – as she’s ready for anything! Pay close attention to the chat and comments during Q/A session at the end of the livestream, as we will be giving away stylishly savage Lenovo Legion laptop Powered by Intel® Core™ Processors!

Are you as excited as we are for the livestream of #HerLegion Clan with Meshael?!

Share your questions here for Meshael, which she will be answering for you on the live stream on 31st of August at 7:00pm KSA time. Engage, enjoy and stand a chance of being one of the lucky winners of Lenovo Legion laptops Powered by Intel® Core™ Processors!

While we await your questions for her, here is a question we have for you:

Who is your favorite female gaming character and how can we empower more women to consider Esports as a career choice?
    Last edited by UnapologeticDino; 25-08-23 at 09:17.
  • 237 Replies

Level 5
    My favorite female gaming character is Lara Croft in the Tomb Raider series.
    And the character “Aloy” in Horizon

More women in esports can be empowered by providing them with more opportunities to train and participate in competitions, raising awareness about the sport and making it a respectable career option. This can also be achieved by providing training programs and workshops for women, and encouraging more female players to participate in this sport.

There are many games that women can participate in, such as Overwatch, League of Legends, Fortnite, and others. Women can look for games that match their interests and skills, and that provide them with opportunities to practice and participate in competitions.
    Level 5
    My favorite character is Aloy from the game Horizon,🤩 and Kena from the game kena
    🤗As for the questions I would like to ask Meshael
    Do you prefer single-player or multiplayer gaming more? And why?
    What is your preferred genre of games? Such as action, role-playing, or strategy games?
    Do you prefer games with complex and deep storytelling or games with straightforward and simple gameplay
    And we can encourage girls to play video games
    Introduce them to suitable games: There may be games specifically designed for girls or games that feature strong and inspiring characters. Introduce these games to girls to encourage them to enjoy the gaming experience.

Engage in gaming together: Play games with girls and share in the fun and positive experiences. The shared gaming experience can be enjoyable and encourage their desire to continue playing.

Suggest story-driven games: Many girls enjoy exciting stories and complex characters. Offer them story-driven and adventure games that captivate them and motivate them to play.

Encourage challenge and growth: Girls may need support and encouragement when facing challenges and striving for progress in the game. Provide assistance and guidance when needed and encourage them to overcome difficulties and achieve progress.

Connect with the gaming community: There are online communities and platforms that bring together female gamers. These communities can be a great place for girls to interact with other players, exchange experiences, and share interests.

Provide appropriate tools and accessories: Ensure that suitable gaming tools and accessories are available. Girls may be encouraged to play if they have devices and accessories that cater to their needs and preferences.

Be a positive role model: Being a positive role model plays a crucial role in encouraging girls to play video games. Show interest in gaming, be supportive, and motivate them to enjoy the gaming experience😄
    Level 7
    @UnapologeticDino

My favorite female gaming character is Kara
    in The
    Detroit Become Human
    and
    Jill Valentine inResident Evil

To empower greater numbers of women in esports, it is crucial to focus on providing them with increased opportunities for training and active participation in competitions. Additionally, raising awareness about esports as a legitimate and respected career option is essential. This can be accomplished by developing targeted training programs and hosting workshops that specifically cater to women, while also fostering an environment that encourages more female players to join and excel in this dynamic field.

There are numerous games in which women can actively participate, such as Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Dota 2, Valorant, and many others. Women can explore games that align with their interests and skills, providing them with opportunities to practice and engage in competitive environments.

Level 5
    My favorite female gaming character is ciri from the witcher 3 wild hunt,Ciri is a beautiful character that has a strong personality, independence and determination so i really admire her ❤️

I think if we want to consider esports as a career we first have to Promote and highlight successful female esports players, streamers, and professionals as role models. By showcasing their achievements and stories, aspiring women can see that esports is a viable and rewarding career path for them;Provide access to resources, training programs, and educational initiatives specifically tailored to women interested in esports. This can include mentorship programs, workshops, online courses, and scholarship opportunities to develop skills and knowledge in gaming, streaming ; welcoming environments within the esports community, free from gender bias and harassment.events, and online platforms; online communities where women can share experiences, collaborate, and support each other; Encourage organizations, brands, and sponsors to invest in initiatives that support women in esports. This can include funding scholarships, hosting female-focused events, and sponsoring all-female teams or individual ; Educate parents, guardians, and communities about the potential career opportunities and benefits of esports .

Lastly, I would like to ask Mashael some questions :

What games are you currently playing and enjoying?

How did you get into gaming? What sparked your interest?

Do you have any favorite gaming genres or specific titles?

Have you participated in any gaming competitions or tournaments?

Are there any challenges you've faced as a female gamer, and how have you overcome them?

Are there any gaming communities or online platforms you enjoy being a part of?

Have you ever considered pursuing a career in esports or the gaming industry?

What are your thoughts on the representation of female characters in games?

I am really sorry for asking way to many questions 😅
    Level 24
    Favorite Female gaming character: Jill Valentine from Resident Evil & Lara Croft from the Tomb Raider series.
    How can we empower more women to consider Esports as a career choice? We can help to create a more inclusive and welcoming environment for female gamers. You can have a career in Esports not only as a gamer, you can be a Coach, an Esports Analyst, Event Organizer, etc.

Hi Meshael, welcome to #HerLegion Clan.

Here are my questions for you:

1. How did you get into gaming, and what inspired you to pursue it professionally?

2. What challenges have you faced as a female professional gamer, and how have you overcome them?

3. What advice would you give to young girls who aspire to become professional gamers or enter the esports industry?

Thank you.
    Level 7
    @UnapologeticDino My Favorite female character is:

Ellie, The Last of Us 😮😍

And we can encourage women for seeking sports by:
    Representation and Visibility of successful women, definitely safe and inclusive environment..

Question:

1. What do you advice me to make my gaming hobby into a professional career?
    Level 5
    favorite female character is Trss from the last of us
    Level 26
    Best female gaming character is Lara Croft, Tomb Raider : She studies archaeology. She enjoys taking risks. She has been played in film by two Oscar winners, Alicia Vikander and Angelina Jolie. She is a member of the Strong Museum's "World Video Game Hall of Fame." She is ultimately the "first lady of gaming," as IGN put it.

in real favorite is Scarlett.(Sasha Hostyn)
    : One of the top female esports players in the world right now, Scarlett earns the most money overall. According to information given by esportearning.com, Scarlett is now rated #15 among Canadian athletes with the highest earnings.

1.Missing role models:
    Esports competitions are typically open to both men and women. But the esports scene is heavily skewed toward men. This rule applies to all groups, including management and participants in eSports associations, in addition to players*. Because of this, women* frequently do not consider a job in esports as a viable choice. Role models that women* can relate to are scarce.

2.Fear of sexism: Naturally, the entire gaming industry is not harmful to women. However, every female esports athlete I've encountered to date has come forward to denounce sexist occurrences. Women* must likewise worry about being evaluated solely on the basis of their gender rather than their accomplishments. In a game, if a woman* performs poorly, it is quickly assumed that she performs poorly because she is a woman. All of this, of course, has something to do with stereotyped role transmission and gender-specific socialization.

3.Non-perception of women* as a target group of the gaming industry: The idea that girls and women aren't interested in video games contributes to the persistent underrepresentation of women in the gaming industry. This is evident, for instance, in the way that game content is designed, where it is frequently obvious that it is meant to appeal to heterosexual young men*. This conveys a lot about the mindset of the gaming business and implies that video games are not appropriate for women.

We can fix it like consider the problem why female gamers need to improve theme self and what the biggest problem the don't think about it.
    Thanks and enjoy reading all the best

#HerLegion
    Last edited by EngMohd; 11-08-23 at 12:38.
    Level 8
    @UnapologeticDino my favorite female gaming character is
    Ellie she is a character in the video game series The Last of Us
    And about Esport subject, we should educated the people more about and that gaming isn't just wasting time but it's career path that you can take professional and make profit from it.