Baldur's Gate 3

Replies
    views
    Community Manager
    Hello everyone,

as you might know last week Baldur's Gate 3 has been officially released and many people spent entire nights playing it! It is a role play video game that offers the possibility to play both single player and cooperative. If you open Twitch right now, most of the streamers are playing it so here is my question:

are you playing or will you play Baldur's Gate 3? Any comments on the game?

Let's talk about it!

• 15 Replies

Banned
    I love the game, very well made
    Community Manager
    @twitchstormcom what do you enjoy the most about it?
    Level 10
    @Sarkhan While I've only played about 8 to 10 hours, so far it is amazing. With the release of FFXVI I was complaining about the lack of turn based combat and this absolutely scratches the itch.

Last night I spent about 6 hours achieving nothing because the combat can be challenging but I did enjoy the challenge. The combat feels more like an interactive and responsive puzzle than combat, and I enjoy puzzles.

I've seen alot of complaints about the combat online and that it's too hard but I think it's a subjective thing. For me personally I don't play soulsborne games because the combat is too hard and in an unenjoyable way, but that doesn't mean that it isn't a good game or everyone shouldn't enjoy it.

I love the story and the humour as well. But my favourite thing so far is that it feels like your decisions have a real and dramatic impact. I made some haphazard decisions thinking it doesn't matter and then a whole village got wiped out which really adds to the experience and gives your choices alot of weight.

I haven't played all that much as I've mentioned but this is my first entry into the D&D world and I'm excited to spend 100s of hours in this game

- - - Updated - - -

@Sarkhan While I've only played about 8 to 10 hours, so far it is amazing. With the release of FFXVI I was complaining about the lack of turn based combat and this absolutely scratches the itch.

Last night I spent about 6 hours achieving nothing because the combat can be challenging but I did enjoy the challenge. The combat feels more like an interactive and responsive puzzle than combat, and I enjoy puzzles.

I've seen alot of complaints about the combat online and that it's too hard but I think it's a subjective thing. For me personally I don't play soulsborne games because the combat is too hard and in an unenjoyable way, but that doesn't mean that it isn't a good game or everyone shouldn't enjoy it.

I love the story and the humour as well. But my favourite thing so far is that it feels like your decisions have a real and dramatic impact. I made some haphazard decisions thinking it doesn't matter and then a whole village got wiped out which really adds to the experience and gives your choices alot of weight.

I haven't played all that much as I've mentioned but this is my first entry into the D&D world and I'm excited to spend 100s of hours in this game
    Community Manager
    @Lakkabrah interesting, thank you for the explanation! I have never played a game like this and I was curious to know what all this hype is about and from your words I can see that there are different reasons! Sounds very exciting, keeps us posted about your adventures in the game!
    Level 10
    @Sarkhan Definitely will. I haven't played a game like this before either. I think for fans of D&D it's easier to get a handle on but for me there has been a large and ongoing learning period of the different mechanics and dynamics of the game!
    Level 2
    I will play this game soon!
    Community Manager
    @ktigbr let us know your first impressions!
    Level 2
    Hopefully when i can afford it 😅🥲
    Community Manager
    @Ilbback I hope that soon, however I doubt they will reduce the price anytime soon!