Probably the coolest gaming experience out there: the Legion 9i 💻

Replies
    views
    Level 31
    @DoctorEldritch oh no the polar night! I live in germany so is not nearly as dark as up north BUT HEAR ME OUT 😅 I hate winter. I come from southamerica and the cold is not a problem (can always wear another layer), the snow is alright (a bit wet and disgusting) but the darkness kills me. Like no other thing, the lack of sun makes me go in depression mood😑 I am glad I live in germany but in winter Mediterranean Contries are better for me
    Community Manager
    @galadrielmt then can I ask how you feel about the games like The Long Dark?

I know @desolat1onpoint loves it and even has it as an avatar, so we know it is a good game, but I wonder how someone who hates dark and does not like snow feels about it. Have you tried it?
    Level 31
    Omg🙀 look at this!!?
    beast beauty masterpiece😻😻
    That's what you really call Stylish outside savage inside🔥
    It's just fascinating in images how so in reality😻😻
    Level 36
    @galadrielmt then can I ask how you feel about the games like The Long Dark?

I know @desolat1onpoint loves it and even has it as an avatar, so we know it is a good game, but I wonder how someone who hates dark and does not like snow feels about it. Have you tried it?
    Wow, the game is really amazing. I want to try it. It is one of my favorite types of games
    Survival
    I always love survival and crafting games
    Level 31
    Liquid cooling system in a laptop seems pretty marvelous idea, not gonna lie. Issue with my Legion gaming laptop indeed is the ventilation: unfortunately during summer-time it went so hot, that when plugged with DP adapter into an external monitor, temperatures inside a laptop went so high that PC had to drop its GPU speed from 2500+ Mhz to 200 Mhz just too cool itself down. So, yeah, game FPS drop down to approx 5, until heat drop by like 10C. So, after that it pop its speed up again, just to repeat steps again, as temperatures grew back up alongside speed.

I have noticed same issues at school, if I keep a laptop against the flat surface - and I'm not even gaming, just writing Word or something like that. It's annoying, and it all comes to ventilation which is on the bottom of the laptop. Specs points of view it's excellent machine, I just wish it would have had liquid cooling to keep it chill during the most intensive gaming sessions.

I am following with great interest how this is going to work out.
    Hey. o/ I'm Liue, gamer with epilepsy from Finland. I'm BBA, Business Information Technology student at Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences and been helping out Legion Gaming Community since the creation of this forum, March 2021. I was one of the first members whom joined and never looked back.

For me, accessibility is close to my heart. As world is connected, I wish to develop digital services in a way that more and more people would have a chance to use them on their daily basis, no matter of disabilities.
    Community Manager
    @Liue Interesting that you mentioned it, @Saka was also curious about that element of the laptop. She asked a question about it in the AMA session we had, too. So thanks to her you can read in more detail about it in the reply here!
    Level 31
    Reading it right now. Ventilation is very much the pain in the gaming laptops. I'd hope that cooling with liquid system which only activates if the temperature reaches 84C will fix that issue, as my laptop temperature can easily go as high as 90C, which then leads to quick shutdown of GPU to drop temperatures. It does it to make sure GPU won't "burn" and destroy itself.

Unfortunately laptop is so hot that even its keyboard usually burns my fingers. Very uncomfy to use. I am interested to see how this system works out.
    Hey. o/ I'm Liue, gamer with epilepsy from Finland. I'm BBA, Business Information Technology student at Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences and been helping out Legion Gaming Community since the creation of this forum, March 2021. I was one of the first members whom joined and never looked back.

For me, accessibility is close to my heart. As world is connected, I wish to develop digital services in a way that more and more people would have a chance to use them on their daily basis, no matter of disabilities.
    Community Manager
    @Liue Personally, I keep my laptop on a stand and have an external keyboard, but I can see how that setup may not be practical for uni. But you do not game while taking a laptop to study, so if the system prevents it from heating up while using Word and such in class, then it would solve the problem somewhat?
    Level 31
    Unfortunately it's heating up even if Word is being only used. Not that much, but still as much that it may start burning your fingers.

Community Manager
    @Liue Did you look into fan options, to make sure it is not set on manual and should adjust the fan speed depending on the task it's doing?