Probably the coolest gaming experience out there: the Legion 9i 💻

Replies
    views
    Community Manager
    Hello Legion Gamers!

Some of you may have noticed that we had a couple of exciting surprise announcements at IFA today!

📣 📣 We are thrilled to show you the new Lenovo Legion 9i, our brand-new beast of a laptop!! 📣 📣

Name:  03_Legion_9i_Hero_Xbox_Game_Pass-1280x1280.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  43.3 KB

Some of the highlights from the impressive spec:

• Inspired by F1 racing cars, it's encased in a premium forged carbon fibre shell, making it 10% lighter than standard laptops of this calibre. Not only this, each Legion 9i has a different forged carbon pattern as every device is hand-made, meaning each Legion 9i is genuinely unique!
    • State-of-the-art liquid cooling system designed in collaboration with Cooler Master, that ensures you can play to win even when the system is under its heaviest workload.
    • 165Hz Mini-LED and 3200x2000 resolution display for stunning in-game colour accuracy.
    • Lenovo Legion uses bleeding edge AI technology: these chips deploy a Smart FPS solution that recognises what's on screen, then tunes the system to achieve the highest value, meaning you automatically get the max FPS without having to dive into the settings.

Name:  04_Legion_9i_Liquid_Cooling_Pump-1280x1280.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  58.0 KB

Name:  12_Legion_9i_Hero_Family-1280x1280.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  50.3 KB

Want to know more, check out the link to the product page here.

And for Danish, Swedish, Norwegian and Finnish pages you can find them via the links back there. <----

What are you the most excited about, the cooling, the AI-optimised resource management of some of the most powerful chipsets humankind has ever produced, the case, the gorgeous InSight display? Let us know in the comments below.
    Last edited by DoctorEldritch; 01-09-23 at 12:07.
  • 70 Replies

Community Manager
    We're sure you'll have a lot of questions regarding the Legion 9i. Well, we've got you covered!

We will have Sergey Balashov from our product team back for more Q&A on September 5th. So get your thinking caps on, put a reminder in your calendars and get ready to ask those burning questions that you have about this exciting new product!

We're looking forward to hanging out with all of you and answering your questions.

For those of you new to the community, Sergey has joined us before, so make sure to give him a warm welcome back to the community. Sergey is a development guru and has more than 15 years of product development experience inside Lenovo.

So stay tuned for more updates and some fun shenanigans and surprises!
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch The liquid cooling solution sounds interesting. It would be nice if Sergey could reveal some information about it. The website seems to be rather secretive in this regard.

The carbon fibre shell gives it a very unique look, especially that each unit would have a difference in pattern. It makes me think of patterns made by frost, is the similarity there by design?
    Unamused Snarktooth. Advocate for hearing loss & accessibility. Person, friend and a terrible/terrific* artist.
    *delete as appropriate
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch Alright, I posted the question!
    Unamused Snarktooth. Advocate for hearing loss & accessibility. Person, friend and a terrible/terrific* artist.
    *delete as appropriate
    Community Manager
    @Saka You can ask more than once, so if you think of any more, please don't hesitate!
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch If anything comes to mind, sure!

I am having one of those amazing days here, where the weather forgot that the sun was supposed to rise and it's super dark. Not even coffee is helping much about that.

Come on, the Autumn is supposed to be still in the early stages right now...

I am not looking forward to kaamos.
    *delete as appropriate
    Community Manager
    @Saka Sergei will be answering questions live, too. So you may even catch him online!

Your comment about the sun made me remember this comic:

Name:  comics-owlturd-winter-983779.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  59.4 KB

kaamos as in music band? The one that @DracoTarot and @galadrielmt may like?
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch Kaamos is the Finnish word for polar night. It's also used more broadly to describe the part of the year when it never gets bright, even if the region doesn't actually get a genuine polar night. Finland is generally really dark in winter months.
    *delete as appropriate
    Community Manager
    @Saka I can imagine, my homeland is not that far away from you, just across the small sea. And we get it dark in winter, so I can only imagine how dark it must get all the way up there in the North. But today is actually quite bright and sunny.