Phantom Liberty is finally here!

Replies
    views
    Community Manager
    Hello Legion Gamers!

Joyous day today: the Phantom Liberty is finally here, after 3 years since Cyberpunk 2077 came out!

Now I can finally play Cyberpunk 2077, though I will still wait until they roll out the GOTY. But should not be long now.

Has anyone played Cyberpunk 2077 1.0, when it first came out?
  • 28 Replies

Community Manager
    PS; And while we're on the subject of cyberpunk, a month from now, on November 2nd the French film Mars Express will come out. It's more of an "I, Robot" story, but good to see another example of cyberpunk.

@GoLLuM13, maybe this could be of interest.
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch Oh yeah Mars Express looks really good, I'll add it to my "to watch" list 😁 thanks
    Tag me to be sure I see the answer and reply to you / Taguez moi pour être sûr que je vois la réponse et vous réponde en retour
    Most of my writings in no particular order (mostly in French) / La plupart de mes écrits sans ordre particulier
    >> HERE/ ICI <<

Level 52
    I found out that my spouse is actually excited that now we have a graphics card that can run the game with a decent amount of FPS, so it's possible I would have some information very soon how Cyberpunk 2077 works on the LOQ 15. 😁
    Unamused Snarktooth. Advocate for hearing loss & accessibility. Person, friend and a terrible/terrific* artist.
    *delete as appropriate
    Community Manager
    @Saka That would be nice! Has he tried playing it before or will this be the first time?
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch He has tried, but the quote of his experience is: "It ran like s-h-i-t on GTX 1070 and only slightly better on 5700XT".

The RTX4060 in the laptop provides a lot more performance in newer games where it can benefit from the software tricks, such as latest DLSS and frame generation.

Even in Cinebench it surprisingly generated more than twice as fast as the system with 5700XT. The laptop was doing the 5th iteration when the desktop was still on the second.
    Unamused Snarktooth. Advocate for hearing loss & accessibility. Person, friend and a terrible/terrific* artist.
    *delete as appropriate
    Community Manager
    @Saka I wonder if with the new patch and DLC, the graphics requirements would rise too? Cyberpunk 2077 is over 3 years old by now, after all. That can be a lot for graphics.
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch Ah yes, the patch did introduce some extreme mode for graphics. However, most mortals still can't run that, and neither would I. 😂 Basically from the requirements I saw for the overdrive, you need a desktop computer with the top tier graphics.

You can absolutely enjoy the game without that.
    *delete as appropriate
    Community Manager
    @Saka It's funny looking back now. @GoLLuM13 and I get nostalgic sometimes, and on that note, I sometimes remember how even the basic graphics seemed so real when I was a kid, but now, even if I launch those games using an emulator, they do not have that "magic" anymore where graphics was supported by imagination and looked so good while being so basic. Nowadays devs do most of the work for you, and many games do look awesome, but do not tap into that imagination power at all at the same time.

Though it is not always the case, of course. Dwarf Fortress proved that imagination is still kicking for many gamers indeed. 😄
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch the new 2.0 update and the DLC will fry most PCs at ultra settings I just saw a bench from techspot today I laughed so hard without DLSS and all those shenanigans the RTX 4090 with RT Ultra on a 2160p resolution can only deliver 36fps 😂 thankfully it's compatible DLSS 3.5 + frame generation which makes it playable at the cost of some latency and as @Saka said you don't need to be on full Ultra to enjoy the game anyway
    Tag me to be sure I see the answer and reply to you / Taguez moi pour être sûr que je vois la réponse et vous réponde en retour
    Most of my writings in no particular order (mostly in French) / La plupart de mes écrits sans ordre particulier
    >> HERE/ ICI <<