Diablo Resurrected.

Replies
    views
    Level 52

Source Blizzard Entertainment

Hi all,

Hope you've had a wonderful day.

Something new is on the way....well sort off! I am an avid Diablo fan and still play Diablo 2 especially for upgrades and mining weapons and armour. I even went as far as to save all my characters on several external drives. I will cry myself to sleep if they disappear after all the hard work and time spend upgrading them.

The good news or word out on the interwebs are Blizzard have remastered Diablo 2 and I've looked at all the videos on YouTube to see what the fuss is all about. I was blown away by how much detail they've added and looks great.

Now for the first time, Diablo 2 will also be available on all platforms. Hence the quote:

"It's official: Diablo 2 is getting remastered after 20 years in the form of Diablo 2 Resurrected. ... Diablo 2 Resurrected will be available on PC (as you'd expect) but also on Xbox Series X, Xbox One, PS5, PS4 and Nintendo Switch for the very first time."

If the new 3D graphics aren't really your style, you will be able to switch back to the original look. The original game remains untouched, which bodes well for the modding community. Sound effects and soundtrack have been touched up, and there will now be 7.1 surround sound support. And don't worry about that crusty old cinematics; they've been remade from the ground up to match the rest of the game.

Diablo 2: Resurrected has broadened its character stats page among other UI redraws, and there's likewise an expanded stash that is shared across warriors (split for ladder and non-ladder). Automatic gold pickup will be a toggleable setting, something most people will no doubt enable and never look back at, and quick movement of items between stash and character should make life a whole lot easier.
    The camera in-game can zoom in and out, which could make for some interesting screenshots with the new lighting and models. It looks like all armor and weapons will show up on your character this time, rather than recycled looks for armor classes. In the menu screen, separate characters will get a closeup, just like in Diablo 3.

This is the BIGGEST question everyone always wants to know.
    Can Diablo 2: Resurrected be played offline?

Yes, Diablo 2: Resurrected should be able to be played offline once you've verified your game and account. Offline and online characters will remain separate, just like it was in Diablo 2 and closed Battle.net.
    You can also still choose to play a non-expansion character (without runewords, etc.) for a pre-expansion experience. If you do choose to play online, the standard eight-player rooms will still be around. Diablo 2: Resurrected will have a seasonal rotation like Diablo 2, though seasons will likely be shorter.

After hearing this I was so glad they've finally taken people into consideration who struggles with internet connections and bandwidth problems.

Diablo 2: Resurrected system specifications

It looks as though the remastered version will be relatively system heavy, recommending at least an Intel Core i5-9600K or AMD Ryzen 5 2600 CPU, 16GB of RAM, and a NVIDIA GTX 1060 or Radeon RX 5500 XT GPU.
    The minimum specs are significantly lower, with an Intel Core i3-3250 or AMD FX-4350 CPU, 8GB of RAM, and a NVIDIA GTX 660 or Radeon HD 7850.

When is the Diablo 2: Resurrected release date?

There's no definitive answer for when Diablo 2: Resurrected will release other than in 2021. Expect more news to come out of BlizzConline as the weekend progresses.

Hope you all are excited for this release as I am. If not thank you for reading this article :)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  • 4 Replies

Level 31
    Great news, but I'm not a fan of this game.