How to get AMD Software Adrenalin back on my Legion Go?

Replies
    views
    Level 1
    @SKYTRiXSHA Thank you for your solution. I was able to return to the default driver and AMD software. happy!
    Level 1
    First, uninstall any existing AMD drivers completely using the "Device Manager" in Windows. Restart your computer. Then, go to the AMD website and download the latest Adrenalin software. Run the installer and follow the prompts to complete the installation. After another restart, check if the AMD Software Adrenalin app appears. If it still doesn't work, use the AMD Cleanup Utility from their website to remove all AMD software, then reinstall the Adrenalin software again. This should help fix the issue.
    Community Manager
    @Lascax do you know anything about this?
    Level 38
    @Sarkhan This is unfortunately one of the most common issues afflicting the excellent hardware of the Legion GO: lack of proper software support.
    Recently there were a slew of updates regarding basically everything ( Legion Space, AMD drivers, BIOS ). I dunno if they fixed most of the issues since I've not tested them thoroughly, but surely the Legion Space software got much more cleaner and clearer.
    About this specific issue, the solution proposed by @Mortonclough seems like the most proper one that I would advice trying ( but there are also other useful comments in this post already ).
    Gaming laptop enthusiast with a passion for Game Design
    🇮🇹 Il mio Canale Youtube di informazione su GAMING e TECH: ▶ LASCAX infoTech
    Currently on Lenovo Legion 5 Pro 2022 (12700H/3070Ti/32GB), Legion GO & Legion Glasses

🇮🇹 Taggatemi nelle risposte o potrei perdermele.
    🇬🇧 Tag me in your replies or I could miss them.
    Level 48
    Long story short, Windows updated the AMD driver on my Legion Go, then I would get an error message anytime I opened the AMD Software app; doing what the message instructed did not help.

Being new to Windows gaming, I assumed I could uninstall the AMD Software that was preinstalled on my Legion Go and easily reinstall it. After several hours of frustration I have not been able to get any apps called AMD Software back on my Legion Go which sucks because I was using it to try different things in my games.

I did go to the 'AMD Software Adrenalin edition' website and download the installer but after running it and restarting there is still no AMD Software app showing on my computer. I've tried this twice now. I feel like I am going crazy. Please help!
    @White2GREY

1. Uninstall Previous AMD Drivers and Software Completely Go to :

Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program and remove any AMD Software or AMD drivers listed.

After uninstalling, use the AMD Cleanup Utility to completely remove all remnants of the AMD drivers and software.

You can download it from the official AMD site.

Restart your system after using the utility.

2. Download the Latest AMD Adrenalin Software Visit the AMD Drivers and Support page.

Select your Legion Go model or the specific GPU (likely AMD Radeon) installed in your device.

Download the appropriate Adrenalin Edition software for your system.

3. Install AMD Adrenalin Software Once downloaded, run the installer and follow the prompts.

Ensure you select a clean installation option during setup to avoid conflicts with any previous remnants.

Restart your computer after the installation is complete.

4. Check for Windows Compatibility After reinstalling the AMD drivers, check if there’s a conflict with the latest Windows update.

Go to Windows Settings > Windows Update > View update history and check if any recent driver updates for your AMD GPU have been installed.

If so, you can uninstall those updates to prevent conflict.

5. Update BIOS and Chipset Drivers Sometimes, compatibility issues can arise from outdated BIOS or chipset drivers.

Go to the Lenovo Support website, enter your Legion Go model, and download any available BIOS or chipset driver updates.

Install and restart the system.

6. Disable Automatic Driver Updates in Windows To prevent Windows from automatically updating the AMD drivers again, you can disable automatic driver updates :

Open Control Panel > System and Security > System. Click Advanced System Settings on the left panel.

Go to the Hardware tab and click Device Installation Settings.

Select No (to prevent Windows from automatically updating drivers) and save.

7. Check Device Manager Open Device Manager
    (right-click Start menu > Device Manager).

Expand the Display adapters section and ensure your AMD GPU is listed correctly.

If it has a warning symbol, try right-clicking and selecting Update driver and choose to install the driver manually from the folder where you installed the Adrenalin software.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, try reaching out to AMD support or Lenovo support for assistance specific to the Legion Go hardware.

They may provide additional steps or a specific driver package tailored to your system.
    🔥 Proud Lenovo Legion Enthusiast 🔥
    🎮 Dream Device Specs : Legion Pro 7i Gen 9 (16, Intel)
    👾 Top of the Pyramid: Lenovo Legion Pro Buy Now and Join the Elite
    Level 3
    Hi White2GREY, I totally understand your frustration! It sounds like a tricky situation. First, make sure you’re downloading the correct version of the AMD Software Adrenalin from the official AMD site that matches your GPU. Also, try running the installer as an administrator; right-click on the installer and select 'Run as administrator.' If that doesn’t work, you might want to check if there are any lingering AMD drivers or software in your system. Using a tool like Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) can help remove any remnants before a fresh install. While you're troubleshooting, you might find some comfort in reading Surah Al-Infitar (سورة الانفطار). I hope this helps, and you get back to gaming soon!
    Level 3
    Hi White2GREY, I totally understand your frustration! It sounds like a tricky situation. First, make sure you’re downloading the correct version of the AMD Software Adrenalin from the official AMD site that matches your GPU. Also, try running the installer as an administrator; right-click on the installer and select 'Run as administrator.' If that doesn’t work, you might want to check if there are any lingering AMD drivers or software in your system. Using a tool like Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) can help remove any remnants before a fresh install. While you're troubleshooting, you might find some comfort in reading Surah Al-Infitar(سورة الانفطار). I hope this helps, and you get back to gaming soon!