News From Dreamhack Winter 2023!

Replies
    views
    Community Manager
    Name:  ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg(18).jpg
Views: 140
Size:  78.3 KB

Hello Legion Gamers!

The Dreamhack Winter 2023 is almost upon us, and our 10 lucky raffle winners (and some others!) will be there to check out and try all that it has to offer, from EXPO and Brawl Stars World Finals to Cosplay competition and Tabletops.

So I thought it would be nice to create this thread so that our lucky winners and everyone else who happens to be at Dreamhack this weekend would be able to share their awesome experiences! Wishing you all to have fun and hoping to see some nice pictures!
  • 16 Replies

Level 5
    I went to rent a car, pulled up at my parking and the kids was hyped already by the car.

They didn't know what to expect, but I know what was ahead. Me, my Daughter at 9 and two sons, 5 and 7.

We bought some snack for the road and went ahead. They were asking as usual " are we there yet"?

We pulled out at the dreamhack parking and sa the Queue was long outside and decided to grab pizza rather queueing in the freezing cold weather.
    So we ate and enjoyed and came back with less que,

We came great time 20 min left for elgiganten giveaway and we grabbed some sunglasses and waistpocket.

Then I was eager to visit legion booth and saw Lenovo Go and same gamers it was packed and had the youngest with unusual bladder today. Some many ques I left. But as a father and gamer we need to visit the restroom time to time.

I took some pictures of the Lenovo Legion booth.

We had a blast and cheered for all the winners. My kids for the first time played VS and my 7 year old son killed in his first game 4 with a regular pistol not knowing how to buy. And my daughter 2...lucky father here.

Need to buy pc soon? Let's fate surprise me.
    @DoctorEldritch and Lenovo Gaming Community, I had a blast so did my younger ones, I will always be grateful for you guys.

and next summer I'm gonna fix a hotel and a stay for the whole event with my kids so we can try everything.
    Community Manager
    @Killermaniac Glad you all enjoyed yourselves! What game did you kids play only with a pistol?

And can you show some of the pictures?
    Level 5
    They played for the first time PC and played counterstrike, the enjoyed it. We played together cod and other games too.

I will upload and send it to you too. Next time I'm going with the 16 year old, I felt kid again haha.
    Community Manager
    @Killermaniac Thank you, I will be looking forward to them!
    Community Manager
    What about the rest of our lucky winners? @Thaimat @Cysero @Moon2 @markmark @uptjackmalo @Gopliz @emel0256 @Orozin @Lucid2, got any Dreamhack news to share?
    Level 2
    Our team got a 4th place in the Arcane game, hopefully we can do better during summer.
    Had alot of fun this year while I introduced my niece and nephew to the Dreamhack spirit.

I do have a dear Santa with this monster Laptop in your booth, how did you manage to put a 4090 in that small frame?
    Name:  LenovoLaptop.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  90.4 KB
    Thank you for the ticket and I´ll se you next time.
    Community Manager
    @Gopliz 4th place is still good, and good luck when summer comes. And good on you to introduce your niece and nephew to gaming, seems both you and @Killermaniac take part in bringing up the next generation of gamers. How old are they?

I do have a dear Santa with this monster Laptop in your booth, how did you manage to put a 4090 in that small frame?

I am not @GoLLuM13 or @Saka and have no technical knowledge, so I'd guess either with a shrink-ray or a sledgehammer 😅

But we periodically have AMA sessions with the dev team, so you may get a chance to ask that question to them next time we have one, see what they say?
    Level 52
    @Gopliz for a short and simple answer there is not 😜 it is an RTX 4090 but an RTX 4090 Mobile, which isn't like the desktop counterpart, its performance is between a 4070 and a 4070 Ti Desktop which is already great
    So if we have to compare it to last gen that puts us around a 3090 or 3090 Ti (Desktop) which now appears very good for a gaming laptop right ? 😁

And TBH the 9i as all the best that exists so far 😁
    Tag me to be sure I see the answer and reply to you / Taguez moi pour être sûr que je vois la réponse et vous réponde en retour
    Most of my writings in no particular order (mostly in French) / La plupart de mes écrits sans ordre particulier
    >> HERE/ ICI <<

Level 52
    @Gopliz As @GoLLuM13 says above, the model numbers on the cards for desktop and mobile don't mean the same chips. Sometimes that is true, but not so much lately.

Even when they were using the same chips (1000 series for example), the mobile ones would receive much less wattage, running at efficiency mode rather than performance.

So what is in that laptop is not the same chip than a desktop 4090, but it is also a more efficient one than a desktop 4070, achieving a lot better performance per watt. So it can pull off quite respectable performance without setting the laptop on fire.
    Unamused Snarktooth. Advocate for hearing loss & accessibility. Person, friend and a terrible/terrific* artist.
    *delete as appropriate