Legion AI Engine+

Replies
    views
    Level 3
    Hi there!

Got myself a Legion 9i with the RTX4090, i9, 64Gb configuration.

Everything is working fine except this Legion AI Engine+ that is suppose to auto tune CPU/GPU.
    The issue is when I start any game it go into the correct mode, Performance one but 5/10min later it decide to go down to quiet mode during gameplay. So currently I just manually swap from balance to performance.

Any clue?
  • 6 Replies

Level 41
    I'm no expert and don't own any Legion laptop, but what I know about the
    AI Engine~is tasked with helping you monitor your in-game FPS and dynamically adjust it for peak performance output.
    This place may be a virtual world, but my feelings are very real
    Community Manager
    @shioridotdev let me ask @Lascax from the IT Community, he probably knows a solution!
    Level 38
    @shioridotdev I unfortunately don't have a Legion 2023 laptop to confirm myself how the AI Engine+ works right now, but in the past years it wasn't that effective. I know that this new version works better than the past and should act like @Maiky123 said, but honestly if you want peak performance all the time I'd just go into Performance mode for all the game session.
    Keep in mind that the AI Models will require updates over time, and I don't know how frequent and which way Lenovo do these training sessions, but it's surely not something that can be done once and work flawlessly. More data will make these AI models more accurate over time, but if you want stable Performance, just go Performance mode all the way.
    Gaming laptop enthusiast with a passion for Game Design
    🇮🇹 Il mio Canale Youtube di informazione su GAMING e TECH: ▶ LASCAX infoTech
    Currently on Lenovo Legion 5 Pro 2022 (12700H/3070Ti/32GB), Legion GO & Legion Glasses

🇮🇹 Taggatemi nelle risposte o potrei perdermele.
    🇬🇧 Tag me in your replies or I could miss them.
    Level 3
    @Lascax thanks for the reply!

Yeah I am currently doing this manually even for choosing optimus/discrete and had no issue as I had with the auto Ai Engine+ and Auto-select Nvidia.

Thanks again !
    Level 1
    @shioridotdev Hello there friend! I am using a Legion Pro 7i Gen 8 laptop with 4090 in it which I bought in September of 2023. From my experience, I should tell you that the so called "performance boost" that Lenovo offers with Legion AI Engine+ is not true. The AI Chip only creates a balance of giving you the best temperature while you get the highest FPS possible and it does so by limiting the power that the laptop consumes. Basically, the 'tuning' this AI Engine makes is only to lower your power to get the best temperatures. But in several games which consume a lot of power (example: RDR 2, GTA 5, Hogwarts Legacy) it doesn't limit the power but tries to cool the laptop down efficiently and the AI Engine is actually effective in doing this. But I suggest you to turn the AI off when you play games which require lower amounts of power so you can squeeze as much as FPS you want. The laptop might get hot as it consumes the max power in performance mode ( I use custom mode and believe me it doesn't really get hot because the fans are WAY POWERFUL) but I don't think it might be an issue for you. For your original problem of quiet mode, I suggest you to do the following:

-Turn on the dGPU mode
    -Do your own tuning with guides from forums or Youtube and use custom mode.
    -Check if Whisper Mode 2.0 is turned on in Geforce Experience (it happens to me sometimes)

Thats all I can say for you speaking from my experience.