GTA VI : First trailer and release date window

Replies
    views
    Level 52
    Name:  GTA_VI_G13.png
Views: 307
Size:  73.3 KB
    The first trailer for GTA VI, which lasts 1 minute 30 seconds, was leaked on X (formerly Twitter) ahead of schedule, supposedly on Tuesday, December 05, 2023, at 3:00 pm. A few minutes later, after the Twitter account had been banned, Rockstar Games decided to confirm the leak by posting the first GTA VI trailer on its YouTube account ahead of schedule.

The trailer shows some of the game's photorealistic cinematics, but no in-game footage. It appears that we'll have two characters, a man and a woman in a city that looks like Miami with the word "VICE", so we'll most likely be in Vice City, except that the atmosphere this time is that of the 1980s/1990s. But most importantly, we learn that the game will be released in 2025. I'll let you take a look at the trailer 😁

Last edited by GoLLuM13; 05-12-23 at 01:21.
    Tag me to be sure I see the answer and reply to you / Taguez moi pour être sûr que je vois la réponse et vous réponde en retour
    Most of my writings in no particular order (mostly in French) / La plupart de mes écrits sans ordre particulier
    >> HERE/ ICI <<

• 21 Replies

Community Manager
    I played GTA 4 and 5, but am not a huge fan of that particular series, I liked RDR 2 a lot more. So it is my hope that the new game will take the best from both. The trailer looks good, though I guess it is still too early to tell how the game would feel. But exciting news for sure.
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch I'm not a huge fan of GTA even if I played most of them from the first one GTA and GTA London to GTA V, but I managed to finish only one of them GTA IV

As for the trailer, if I have to believe what some people are saying, and according to Rockstar's trailers history with GTA V and RDR 2, this trailer is allegedly made with in-game engine, so if that's true, the game will be gorgeous.
    Tag me to be sure I see the answer and reply to you / Taguez moi pour être sûr que je vois la réponse et vous réponde en retour
    Most of my writings in no particular order (mostly in French) / La plupart de mes écrits sans ordre particulier
    >> HERE/ ICI <<

Community Manager
    @GoLLuM13 I get what you mean: I am not very RPG when I need to be a "criminal" in a more stripped version of the word, which is mostly what GTA offers. RDR 2 had that morality system that mitigated this somewhat. Though I do not have the same effect in Mafia games, maybe because the mafia is a more interesting or "historic" subculture, I dunno.

The trailer does look very impressive, but RDR 2, in addition to being gorgeous, had a decent filling with lots of things to do and mechanics and secondary quests. I am hoping that GTA 6 will be better in that regard than GTA 5 was: while secondary quests there were styled well enough, they still did not feel as thought through as RDR 2 had. But again, that's just my opinion.
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch I guess RDR and GTA aim two different audiences, and that's great as it is, which means we have different games, and not just a different skin like Bethesda games 👀
    >> HERE/ ICI <<

Community Manager
    @GoLLuM13 I guess that's also true. It's just... with RDR 2, to me, it seems that they know what they are about from the start: an epic personal tale of betrayal in the Wild West (this is, of course, hugely simplified).

As for GTA, it seems to want to sit on 2 chairs at once: be a serious criminal story (with betrayal, sacrifice, finding your own path and all that), but at the same time, stray from seriousness into more of a whacky setting with all those hypertrophied vices of the modern world with elderly couples raiding trash of celebrities or paparazzi racing each other for juicy shots (not to mention the whole Trevor thing).

Don't get me wrong, I see merit in this, too. At times it can be a well-done satire on the modern world, so there is a purpose and value in that approach. But, satire does not go well hand-in-hand with serious crime epic, at least, it is hard to make it work, and GTA playing on both those fields at once can sometimes lack depth.

But you're right, they are for different audiences, and it is not a major issue even, it is just that, I am hoping to see the game get better over time. The difference between GTA 4 and GTA 5 was not that much larger than between the two Assassin's Creed games...

Speaking of, what made you think of Bethesda as an example here, I would have thought that Ubisoft does that more often these days? 😅
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch I don't know I've seen enough difference between GTA 4 and GTA 5 to consider them two different games, while the base is the same, we have new game mechanics like the fact that we can play 3 different characters and switch from one to another whenever we want.

As why I thought about Bethesda, while you're right about Ubisoft and games of the same franchise, Assassin's creed games look alike, so does Far Cry games ... etc but with Bethesda that's because of the "nickname" given to Starfield "The Elder Scroll in Space" 😜
    >> HERE/ ICI <<

Community Manager
    @GoLLuM13 If it's mechanics like that, then it's about the same between Assassin's Creed Unity and Syndicate, in the latter you, too, can control one of two protagonists and switch between them.

As for Starfield being "The Elder Scroll in Space", I thought that was sort of the plan? The same way Fallout 3 was "The Elder Scroll in Nuclear Apocalypse".
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch But unlike Assassin's Creed, you don't have a GTA every year, the game has really evolved from GTA 4 not to mention the GTA Online part that is used for RP by many
    >> HERE/ ICI <<

Community Manager
    @GoLLuM13 That's true, Rockstar does like to polish their games more, and kudos to them for that. As for GTA Online, I have not tried it myself, but I heard many good things about it. I think at some point before turning one of the GameTogethers there was even a talk to include it in our games. @Inyeon, was it you who suggested that?

Have you tried the online part of it @GoLLuM13?