December: Winter Festivities Month in Legion Community!

Replies
    views
    Community Manager
    Hello Legion Gamers!

November is over and the Winter is here! This means, as is traditional, that the next month of December will again be about Winter Festivities! ❄ And to start, here is some festive jazz:

Some of you may remember that last December was also all about winter Festivities, and we had some interesting festive discussions. So what better time to rekindle them than now, when the festive season is here again? Let's see what we got...

Last year, we talked about our favourite December tunes! Maybe there are some more to add this time around, too!

Saka made a thread about Christmas preparations. What are the plans for this year, the same?

Then there was a thread about Christmas food. I'll definitely try to add something to that.

@Saka also posted a thread about Christmas movies. Maybe there are some good new ones out there.

We also collected nice winter memes. Maybe more can be added to the pile.

Maybe some of last year's festive threads will get a new life this holiday season? And, of course, we can start any new ones, too!

A very merry December everyone!
  • 15 Replies

Level 52
    Sounds good to revisit the threads! There likely is stuff we forgot last year, and we also have some new people in the community who weren't participating a year ago.

Polish comunity made an advent calendar of threads. It's a bit too late for that, but perhaps some of the topic ideas could be copied over to here. 🤔
    Unamused Snarktooth. Advocate for hearing loss & accessibility. Person, friend and a terrible/terrific* artist.
    *delete as appropriate
    Level 31
    I love that music video you just sent. I'm going to steal it and use it in Friday for Club Tupa Little Christmas Parties. As a new Club Leader, it's my first bigger event I'm organizing.

Club Tupa is a student club of our university, meant for students interested about PC, console, board and card games, as well as movies, series and so on. We're kinda "nerd or geek squad" of our university. I have planned "Christmas Quiz!" via Kahoot! with a small prize for a winner. We are also going to have a lot of good food, board games, Jackbox games and just hanging around.

But anyways, a lot of Little Christmas Parties incoming for me. First the one I mentioned this Friday, then in Saturday we're having guild Little Christmas Parties on World of Warcraft. We're heading to Ironforge, in which we're playing games such as "The Best Christmas Outfit -competition", "Find Officers under the Tree!", some friendly PVP Duels etc.

Also planning one on Final Fantasy XIV atm with our Free Company.

It's not going to be long until Christmas! Have you already written to Santa?
    Hey. o/ I'm Liue, gamer with epilepsy from Finland. I'm BBA, Business Information Technology student at Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences and been helping out Legion Gaming Community since the creation of this forum, March 2021. I was one of the first members whom joined and never looked back.

For me, accessibility is close to my heart. As world is connected, I wish to develop digital services in a way that more and more people would have a chance to use them on their daily basis, no matter of disabilities.
    Community Manager
    @Saka There surely may be more to be said in some of the old topics. Food, for one. 😉

The advent calendar in the Polish community is great, maybe we'll do something like this next year. But this year, I'll leave you to be the judge if any of those Polish topics would be good to have across the sea, in the cold North 😅 Let's see what the advent calendar reveals.
    Community Manager
    @Liue It is from YT, steal away! 😉

Club Tupa sounds cosy, how many members are there? and what is the meaning of the name "Tupa"?

And kudos for choosing "Kahoot!" with a local developer instead of an international from overseas Granted, Kahoot! was developed in Norway, but it's still Nordic!

Sounds like you have many Christmas plans. Good luck with all those games, and good that with Tupa you are also celebrating irl, too.

As for writing to Santa, I am afraid I have not been doing that since I was 8. Not that I don't believe in miracles and childish wonder, it's just that I am saving up my points so that I could ask him for a car when I'm 40.
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch This year at least I am going to visit my homeland, so there might be some food pictures if I manage to get any!
    Unamused Snarktooth. Advocate for hearing loss & accessibility. Person, friend and a terrible/terrific* artist.
    *delete as appropriate
    Level 31
    @DoctorEldritch There's nothing wrong with asking. You can always ask for a new car and then see if your wish is being granted or not. 😆

We're actually oldest club of our university, turning 5-yeard old in January. I have something special planned there.

I was one of the actives before, but took Club Leader position over now as our current/previous one decided to become an alumn and graduate. So, she offered me it.

We're kinda geek club, combining people with similar interests under same roof. Board games (including Dungeons & Dragons), card games (such as Magic: The Gathering), PC games, console games, movies, TV series and so on.

Looks like we might have good size party incoming, around 30 sign-ups. Soon heading to a supermarket to buy Coca-Cola and Coca-Cola Zero, gingerbreads, chips, vegan candies, vegetarian pizza, some decorations and so on. Yesterday I bought "Werewolf" boardgame from Puolenkuun Pelit as a Kahoot! Christmas Quiz prize.

EDIT:

tupa

- living room, main room (especially in a farmhouse or older house, where it doubles as kitchen)
    - cottage, cot (uncommon) room
    - Short for miehistötupa.
    (in compounds) room, particularly one detached from others

And I actually didn't know Kahoot! was Norwegian, but our teachers tend to use it a lot for teaching purposes. Works great! 😃 GG.
    Hey. o/ I'm Liue, gamer with epilepsy from Finland. I'm BBA, Business Information Technology student at Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences and been helping out Legion Gaming Community since the creation of this forum, March 2021. I was one of the first members whom joined and never looked back.

For me, accessibility is close to my heart. As world is connected, I wish to develop digital services in a way that more and more people would have a chance to use them on their daily basis, no matter of disabilities.
    Community Manager
    @DoctorEldritch This year at least I am going to visit my homeland, so there might be some food pictures if I manage to get any!

I can sympathise, I am going home myself too. I am actually replying to you know from the airport 😅

When are you going?
    Level 16
    @DoctorEldritch There's nothing wrong with asking. You can always ask for a new car and then see if your wish is being granted or not. 😆

We're actually oldest club of our university, turning 5-yeard old in January. I have something special planned there.

I was one of the actives before, but took Club Leader position over now as our current/previous one decided to become an alumn and graduate. So, she offered me it.

We're kinda geek club, combining people with similar interests under same roof. Board games (including Dungeons & Dragons), card games (such as Magic: The Gathering), PC games, console games, movies, TV series and so on.

Looks like we might have good size party incoming, around 30 sign-ups. Soon heading to a supermarket to buy Coca-Cola and Coca-Cola Zero, gingerbreads, chips, vegan candies, vegetarian pizza, some decorations and so on. Yesterday I bought "Werewolf" boardgame from Puolenkuun Pelit as a Kahoot! Christmas Quiz prize.

EDIT:

tupa

- living room, main room (especially in a farmhouse or older house, where it doubles as kitchen)
    - cottage, cot (uncommon) room
    - Short for miehistötupa.
    (in compounds) room, particularly one detached from others

And I actually didn't know Kahoot! was Norwegian, but our teachers tend to use it a lot for teaching purposes. Works great! 😃 GG.

Thats cool! I always envy all of the university clubs, though I don't think it's wise to just apply because of the possibility of being part of them or so.

For Christmas I'll go into middle of Finland and go downhill skiing, it's fun.
    Community Manager
    Polish comunity made an advent calendar of threads. It's a bit too late for that, but perhaps some of the topic ideas could be copied over to here. 🤔

We may not have an advent calendar, but we do have a gingerbread raffle now!