legion go controllers not working outside legion space

Replies
    views
    Level 5
    hi gamers

so i have a problem with my legion go after the latest controller update. I cant use epic games or steam while running legion space. It wont recognize my controller. I have tried everything havent found a solution yet. The support team of lenovo reacts very slow with half answers. Like uninstall the controller drivers. But cant find the the controllers in the drivers list. I tried uninstalling everything in that list. Nothing helped. Anyone know what to do next
  • 19 Replies

Community Manager
    @Zombs hey! I am sorry to hear this, let's see if the tech expert of the IT Community has some tips for you. @Lascax any advice here?
    Level 38
    @Zombs This morning I had the controller update through Lenovo Space. Was it completed until the end, without the battery expiring and both of them attached to the GO?
    Did you do a full restart of Windows too?
    I haven't had this issue, but those drivers are most probably tied to the Legion Space program itself, so that's the one that should be reinstalled.
    However, if the firmware was updating and for some reason the GO was powering off or the controller were detached, there is a chance that it was corrupted and it may need a restore through warranty.
    Gaming laptop enthusiast with a passion for Game Design
    🇮🇹 Il mio Canale Youtube di informazione su GAMING e TECH: ▶ LASCAX infoTech
    Currently on Lenovo Legion 5 Pro 2022 (12700H/3070Ti/32GB), Legion GO & Legion Glasses

🇮🇹 Taggatemi nelle risposte o potrei perdermele.
    🇬🇧 Tag me in your replies or I could miss them.
    Level 5
    i also had a update. I thought it was because i deleted all the drivers from the hid list. I had the power connected when updating. It stil did not fix anything. It reinstalled all the faulty firmwire. I also had a problem with the steam controller drivers, i had to erase them because my controle acted weird. Showing the keyboard when i press the left stick. Maybe it had something to do with thT. Anyway the controllers only work when i close legion space. I tried a lot. Thanks again for your reply.

- - - Updated - - -
    Level 38
    @Zombs At this point I'd try a System Restore through Windows, provided you have one before the update.
    Gaming laptop enthusiast with a passion for Game Design
    🇮🇹 Il mio Canale Youtube di informazione su GAMING e TECH: ▶ LASCAX infoTech
    Currently on Lenovo Legion 5 Pro 2022 (12700H/3070Ti/32GB), Legion GO & Legion Glasses

🇮🇹 Taggatemi nelle risposte o potrei perdermele.
    🇬🇧 Tag me in your replies or I could miss them.
    Level 2
    I’ve also got this issue. Have tried resetting the device. Still no solution. Also re-downloaded space. Really not sure what to do now
    Level 30
    @Zombs I do not know the answer to solve your problem accurately, but I tell you to go to the YouTube platform and type the name of the problem in the search and type next to the problem the name of your device ( Legion go )
    Sometimes not holding on to something protects you from the harm of holding on to it !
    Level 5
    @Elzahraa Hi i havent com across someone with the same problems. I did a full factory reset. But i does not remove the new firmwire from the controllers. Or returns to the old legion firmwire

- - - Updated - - -

@Elzahraa Hi i havent com across someone with the same problems. I did a full factory reset. But i does not remove the new firmwire from the controllers. Or returns to the old legion firmwire
    Level 2
    Hi can we get an update on this. Have reset device. Have reinstalled gpu, bios and space. Nothing allows my controller to work other than in space and the preset apps such as settings. Given it works in Space it must be software related and not hardware. Really stuck here.
    Community Manager
    @Hsingh8 hi! what is customer support saying?