legion go controllers not working outside legion space

Replies
    views
    Level 1
    I had the same issue (controls working only in Legion app and not in any other - steam, epic etc.) - it seems that Legion Space or what is the main app called took over the controllers, for me the issue was solved once I turn off the Legion App, now the controlles are working just fine (I also enabled all possible options for controlles in Steam options, but I think the main app was at fault). I hope this helps :)
    Community Manager
    thank you for sharing this!
    Level 1
    This is a serious problem I've had since I bought mine about 2 weeks ago. It takes constant fiddling / opening Lenovo space then by pure chance it might work when I close it down on the game I want to play. Can't navigate other menus, but connect a wireless Xbox controller and that controller is working just fine.

Can you put through an update that allows us to prevent Lenovo space taking exclusive control of the controllers? This reeks of being a software issue and manaully opening task manager and closing Lenovo space every single time defeats the point of having Lenovo space in the first time, seeing as it's the software used to navigate the portable gaming system itself.

In short, can this bug get raised?
    Community Manager
    hey! have you tried getting in touch with the customer service?
    Level 5
    @Sarkhan
    Hi Sarkhan i did because its a new device the service is not that good yet. We tried somethings i allready tried myself a couple of times. They send me new controllers but that did not fix the problems. It is legion space that is causing it. Before the update ut was working fine (not talking about the horrible deadzones) i am thinking of making a video about it. I dont want to bash the legion go because i realy like ut but its not fare that it takes so long for a fix.
    Community Manager
    probably it will be fixed with a new update!
    Level 16
    For me, this was usually fixed by putting controllers back into the console and then taking them off again.
    Level 11
    @Zombs do you still have this problem buddy?
    NARJISSA
    Level 5
    @Hsingh8 Unfortunately, there is no fix yet. The only way it works is when legion space is off. Also, make sure that you switch off the Steam input for the Xbox controller in Steam. Otherwise, you will have issues on other platforms, like Epic. The controller will act weird. I also deleted the controller's driver from Steam. I hope the new update will fix the problem. it's definitely a firmware problem. Warranty wont be able to fix it. Unless they send you a complete unit. They will send you new controllers, but as soon as you connect them, they will install the faulty firmware again. so fingers crossed that the new issues will resolve the problems. Meanwhile, shut down the legion space after you made your preferred settings

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Guys. There's is a new bios update availble. Lets give that one a try.
    Level 3
    Hi, thanks for the reply. I have a few questions before I do those steps though.
    Do you know what the controller drivers are supposed to look like under the USB section? Most devices under that section just have generic names like "USB Composite Device" and nothing that says its a controller. If I switch between d-input and x-input mode, I don't see any differences in that section. In d-input mode a xbox 360 controller section does come up. Is it under input devices? Those also have generic names.
    Also, what does doing a "full restart" do exactly? Is it like a factory reset? Will I lose files? Just want to know beforehand.