Legion 5 - unknown usb device

Replies
    views
    Level 2
    Hi All!
    I hope someone can help me. I have a Legion 5 - 15ARH7 notebook, and every time I start it, the attached CK550 keyboard lights up during the bios start and turns off when the Windows starts.
    If I check the device manager the following error is present: unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed). When I unplug and the plug the keyboard again everything works correctly. What can be the problem? The motherboard? The keyboard?

Thank you in advance for the reply!
  • 6 Replies

Community Manager
    @kojenci let me see if @GoLLuM13 or @Lascax know how to help you out with this!
    Level 38
    @kojenci This is probably due to some driver recognition process failing to identify the USB device attached prior to Windows Startup.
    Can you try to disable the Fast Startup?
    To do this:
    1. Windows Key + R
    2. Write in the box "control" and you'll get into the Control Panel
    3. Go into "Power Options" and click in the left colum "Define power buttons ..."
    4. Disable "Turn on fast startup". Probably it will be greyed out, so in that case first click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable" just above the sliding settings.

This is the Window you're looking for:
    Name:  image-238.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  82.2 KB
    Gaming laptop enthusiast with a passion for Game Design
    🇮🇹 Il mio Canale Youtube di informazione su GAMING e TECH: ▶ LASCAX infoTech
    Currently on Lenovo Legion 5 Pro 2022 (12700H/3070Ti/32GB), Legion GO & Legion Glasses

🇮🇹 Taggatemi nelle risposte o potrei perdermele.
    🇬🇧 Tag me in your replies or I could miss them.
    Level 2
    Hi @Lascax! Thanks for the quick response!Unfortunatelly I've tried this and it did not help.I tried to turn off the USB selective suspend setting and the other checkboxes for USB hub in the Device manager too. I uninstalled the USB driver, reinstalled the AMD IO driver but no success.The keyboard does not work in any of the USB ports after startup till the reconnection (the mouse works), but with an USB-C hub it works flawlessly.

EDIT:
    I've found this post, looks similar: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Windows...ot/m-p/5089539
    Level 52
    Hi @kojenci and welcome

AMD used to have (and probably still have for a minotiry of people) some random issues with USB, be sure to have your BIOS/UEFI and Windows up to date and I see you already update the AMD IO Driver.

Do you have this kind of issues only with the keyboard ? Do you have another device to try on the USB Ports to be sure they all work how they are supposed to ?
    Tag me to be sure I see the answer and reply to you / Taguez moi pour être sûr que je vois la réponse et vous réponde en retour
    Most of my writings in no particular order (mostly in French) / La plupart de mes écrits sans ordre particulier
    >> HERE/ ICI <<

Level 16
    I would RMA the device, this sounds like a internal problem if reinstalling drivers wont fix it.
    Check first if you have any BIOS updates available or so.
    Level 38
    @kojenci Considering the Lenovo support thread and what the others said, yeah, an RMA could be one way to consider.
    Before that, just to leave out any possible fix by yourself, I'd consider trying:
    1. Updating BIOS and USB firmware from Lenovo support website if available
    2. Trying a USB-A to USB-C adapter to see if this occurs also with USB-C ports
    3. Disable from Lenovo Vantage the "Always active USB" options from the Power options

If none of this changes the issue, I'd consider an RMA.
    Gaming laptop enthusiast with a passion for Game Design
    🇮🇹 Il mio Canale Youtube di informazione su GAMING e TECH: ▶ LASCAX infoTech
    Currently on Lenovo Legion 5 Pro 2022 (12700H/3070Ti/32GB), Legion GO & Legion Glasses

🇮🇹 Taggatemi nelle risposte o potrei perdermele.
    🇬🇧 Tag me in your replies or I could miss them.