Exploring the World of Game Development on the Lenovo Gaming Machines

Replies
    views
    Level 11
    Hey Lenovo Gaming Crew!

Ever wondered what goes on behind the scenes of your favorite games? Let's spice things up and explore the wild world of game development together! 🚀
    in this thread i want to talk to the other side of the gaming community:

1. **What Got You Curious:** Spill the beans – what made you go, "I want to create games too!" Was it a mind-blowing game or just a spark of creativity?

2. **Noob-Friendly Goodies:** If you're a game dev newbie, let's share the juiciest beginner resources, tutorials, and courses. We're all in this together – no judgment, just fun learning!

3. **Lenovo's Dev Toolkit:** Talk tech! How is your Lenovo gaming gear rocking both gaming and game development? Share your thoughts, tips, and tricks.

4. **Pro Tips from Game Wizards:** Experienced devs in the house? Dish out your best advice for the fresh faces in our gaming-to-developing transition. What pitfalls to avoid? Lay it on us!

5. **Community Playdate:** Let’s make this a chill hangout. Share your progress, throw in questions, and maybe find a dev buddy from our Lenovo family. Together, we're unstoppable!

Ready to hit 'Start' on a new game – the development game? Buckle up, it's gonna be a wild ride! 🎮✨
    NARJISSA
  • 5 Replies

Community Manager
    @Imranelelami

Super interesting thread!! I´m tagging @Rogarza04 since he´s studying video games creation right now 🤓
    Maybe he can tell us more about the software they use, what are the minimum specs to run them...etc : )
    Level 4
    Hii!
    As @CandelaSynth says, I have begun to study how video games are made and how to produce them.
    I came to the conclusion of studying this because I have always been a bit of a video game geek since I was 8 years old and I have always wondered how they were made. What I like the most is 3D modeling and environment art :). I have started programming with Unreal and Unity, where I am making a game that I have to deliver by the end of the course, and I don't know whether to do it in 2D or 2.5D.
    Community Manager
    @Rogarza04

Ohhh, cool!! ¿and what software do you use to create the visual assets? (I tried blender for a bit, but I´m more of a 2d person..!) Also...what´s 2.5D? 😅
    Level 11
    What about the programming languages, which one you think is suitable for pc and Android game development and do you really need to be a pro at them or the game engines allow you to work with little knowledge of coding @Rogarza04
    NARJISSA
    Level 4
    @CandelaSynth

I use 3dsmax and blender, and for renders I use marmoset. 2.5D is like a 2D game but with 3D, like Paper Mario

- - - Updated - - -
    @Imranelelami

I use C#, I just started programming so I can't say much, but I think that for games made with unity they use the same language for Android and pc, also in the app of unity they have a template for mobile games :)