A bit of sad news: no more Deus Ex 🙁

Replies
    views
    Community Manager
    Hello Legion Gamers!

A bit of sad news today: Bloomberg reports that Embracer Group cancelled the new Deus Ex game that was in the early stages of development. It was in the works by Eidos Montreal for a few years already but was supposed to get more actively worked on in 2024. Alas, not anymore 😟

And that's just the most recent and, probably, most devastating blow. Earlier last year Embracer Group also shut down Volition, a studio that brought us Saint's Row and Red Faction. And that was one of the oldies: when it closed, the studio was 30 years old. Granted, the reboot of Saint's Row left much to be desired, and Agents of Mayhem were...well, boring, but still, it is sad to see it go.

Not sure when we'll get to see the new Deus Ex game now, even if ever. Sad. I guess Cyberpunk 2077 is as close as we can get for now. Do we have any Deus Ex or cyberpunk fans here?
  • 2 Replies

Level 6
    That is indeed a sad news. I loved playing Deus Ex games. They all had some cool background story (really liked the original one) and gameplay was fun as well. Hope someone will take this project and create next DeusEx games.

- - - Updated - - -

That is indeed a sad news. I loved playing Deus Ex games. They all had some cool background story (really liked the original one) and gameplay was fun as well. Hope someone will take this project and create next DeusEx games.
    Community Manager
    @Farmaceuta I am hoping that, if they can't make it themselves, that they would sell the franchise rights to someone who can, and not sit on them doing nothing like some developers do. It would really be a shame if this is the last we hear about Deus Ex.