Legion Go Space 1.0.2.7 Update: Shortcut keys not working

Replies
    views
    Level 2
    I'm having this issue as of todays Legion Space 1.0.2.7 update. Legion and Quick settings buttons won't open their respective programs. I also can't use some of the shortcut combos - like the shortcut that shows you the other shortcuts.

I can manually run legion space, and using the controller test I can see that the buttons aren't physically malfunctioning.

However, I can't manually open quicksettings.exe at all. Uninstalling 1.0.2.7 and reinstalling 1.0.2.5 fixes things though but again Legion space automatically updates to 1.0.2.5 on opening so cyclic issue. Dam QC is really poor on this and genuinely frustrating. Any fix?
  • 10 Replies

Level 3
    I have an identical problem, it has a few other quirks that are annoying, but nothing as game breaking as these issues. For example, unless I have a bluetooth keyboard handy, if I want to type in some text, I can't because for whathever reason I can't get the onscreen keyboard to automatically come up when I select a text box, which I could work around by using a lenovo shortuctg combination to force the keygboard into existance. This is one of the major shortcuts that is now broken.

As per intsgs above, if I install an earlier version of Legion space, it all start working again, but then it wants to auto update every time I open legion space.

Please fix.
    Community Manager
    @intsgs3909 let's see if @Lascax has a quick fix for this!
    Level 38
    @intsgs3909 I've read that the 1.0.2.7 Update brought some good new features but also disrupted other and that Lenovo's working on it.
    Regarding this specific issue, can you try this and report if it works?

1. Open the MS Services ( search in the bar "services.msc" ).
    2. Search "Dservice" and open the properties.
    3. Set the Startup Type as Auto and in the Recovery tab set all conditions to restart.

Try to restart the system and see if anything works. This is also a service that may be disabled by Handheld Companion, if you're using that.
    Gaming laptop enthusiast with a passion for Game Design
    🇮🇹 Il mio Canale Youtube di informazione su GAMING e TECH: ▶ LASCAX infoTech
    Currently on Lenovo Legion 5 Pro 2022 (12700H/3070Ti/32GB), Legion GO & Legion Glasses

🇮🇹 Taggatemi nelle risposte o potrei perdermele.
    🇬🇧 Tag me in your replies or I could miss them.
    Level 3
    @Lascax.
    Thanks for the reply. I’ve gone into services and looked for Dservice, but the only think close to it I could find was DAService, which says it’s related to legion space. All of the setting for DAService were as prescribed above so I changed them, restarted, changed them back to Automatic and restart., Restarted the system again.

I thought maybe Legion space hadn’t installed some of its components, so I uninstalled LS , restarted, reinstalled the latest version of LS I could find which was 2.5, restarted. Legion space started on boot, I could use the shortcut keys while it loaded, but then it updated and that was no more again.

Also with the updated to 2.7, LS won’t start automatically with with Windows boot, I start it manually. The menu button on the bottom left of legion space (on screen). doesn’t work. I have also tried starting Legion space with admin rights.

Nothing I’ve tried so far has worked.
    Level 16
    @Damageu
    I would recommend to wait till next update OR try to check the Lenovo's "Main forum" regarding the matter.
    https://gaming.lenovo.com/us/connect/groups/legion-go/
    Level 3
    @SKYTRiXSHA Thanks for the advice, hopefully there's an update coming soon. Makes me wonder if I got a dodgy unit, I don't see a lot of other people with the same problem.
    Level 3
    @intsgs3909 Hey man, did you end up finding anything about how to rectify this issue?
    Level 1
    @intsgs3909 having same issue on v 1.0.2.9 just tried to use shortcut for virtual keyboard Legion button + B and keyboard doesn't show up... Haven't noticed anything else.. but bummer .. I do use a lot..
    Level 1
    @DonJavi my shortcuts don’t work either

- - - Updated - - -

@DonJavi my shortcuts don’t work either