Who is ready for Fallout London?

Replies
    views
    Community Manager
    Hello Legion Gamers!

If all goes well, we should get the awaited unofficial DLC-sized Fallout mod in just two months: Fallout London is finally getting released!

This will be the largest Fallout mod to date, and the first, though unofficial, take on what the post-nuclear apocalypse would look like in the old country.

Sadly, developers removed the model of Her Majesty from the game. They always did say that they would do it if Queen Elizabeth passed away before the mod completion, and were true to their word. But at least we have some concept art:

Name:  7.jpg
Views: 2948
Size:  84.7 KB

So even though EGS did not give out free Fallout games this week, fans of Fallout still got their share of good news. I only hope that this will speed up the Miami mod, it's been two years since they released Episode 1 and no news since then, not even sure if the project is still ongoing 🤔

But hey, even if not, the Fallout series starts in the middle of April, too!

I am always cautious about series based on games, as it is by the makers of The Boys I am cautiously optimistic.

So we can both play the mod and watch the series this Spring. Which one of the two will you wait for most?
  • 5 Replies

Level 16
    @DoctorEldritch

Do they have Nuko Cola or what is the name of a British equivalent ?
    Community Manager
    @ChristianRasmussen I think Nuka-Cola was international before the war, so London will probably have it.

That being said, some game areas included their own versions of a carbonated drink: in New Vegas it was Sunset Sarsaparilla, or in Fallout 4 Far Harbor DLC there is Vim. So it is no surprise that the creators of Fallout London invented their own take on beverage and introduced Ion Brew, even with a commercial video:

And like Nuka-Cola bottles are styled after rockets, the bottles of Ion Brew look like little bombs 😅 And same as Nuka-Cola, Ion Brew is a parody of an existing drink called Irn-Bru, I think.
    Community Manager
    @ChristianRasmussen And another bit of good news about this mod: they actually managed to get some decent voice actors to record for them. For example, they got Neil Newbon to voice for them, you may know him as Karl Heisenberg from Resident Evil Village or Astarion from the recent Baldur's Gate 3. He also voiced two characters in Detroit: Become Human, so if his character in London is a synth, that could put an extra spin on it.

And he is not the only one, they also have Colin Baker and Sylvester McCoy in the cast, you may know them as the sixth and seventh Doctors from Doctor Who. Considering how British that series is, and that TARDIS was an easter egg in previous games, there may be some good opportunities for homages there as well.
    Community Manager
    A bit of a delay, it seems. Bethesda is releasing a next-gen patch on the 25th of April, and that messed up the release plans for the Fallout London mod. It was supposed to go out on the 23rd of April, but with the news about the next-gen patch, they now need a bit more time to optimise their system and make sure nothing breaks:

So yeah, @ChristianRasmussen it seems that we need to wait a bit longer before we can try the Ion Brew.

But at least we have the Fallout series to fall back on while we wait.
    Community Manager
    Fallout London is still late because of that update, but a much smaller Fallout Boon island was released recently in the meantime:

For all lighthouse fans out there.