Heyyya! New Legion Go + eGPU owner

Replies
    views
    Level 3
    Hey folks,

I've been a game (and game industry) enthousiast for a few decades (I'm in my 40s), but also a programmer (who owns a software business).

I've just got a Legion Go (well, it's in the delivery truck as I write this) and ordered a brand new GPU (7800 XT) and a Razer Core X with the goal of replacing both my desktop gaming PC and my Steam Deck to have an all-in-one gaming beast with a beautiful screen.

I'm super hyped at making this work on Windows and Linux (probably with Bazzite). I might write up a guide or two on how to make this work in the best way possible.

This is super exciting times IMHO, and while I'm not working at a handheld company or anything like that (yet?), I'm willing to contribute to making handheld and eGPUs a better solution in the future.

We'll see how it goes ;)

Looking forward to chatting with you folks!

JP
  • 6 Replies

Community Manager
    @jipiboily
    Hey JP, Wow, impressive setup! Your passion for gaming and tech over the years is inspiring. Keep us updated on your progress; we're eager to hear more about your gaming adventures and tech endeavors! 🔥
    Level 6
    Heyo JP!

Are you going to share your new set up with us?

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly speaking, I'm excited for you just reading this post, man. Hahaha cheers!

- - - Updated - - -

Also are you new to this community? I'm level 4 in the community which indicates for how long I've been here.. Or did you have an old account and lost it? Since you are a pro gamer (obviously?) I assumed you had an account way long ago lol
    Level 1
    @jipiboily Good afternoon. I am considering an eGPU for my legion go just for the same pupose of replacing my previate PC with this setup and to have a bit more GPU juice in demanding games. How is the setup doing?any word of advice in terms of eGPU enclosure and graphics card? Have a great day regards Luc

- - - Updated - - -

@jipiboily Good afternoon. I am considering an eGPU for my legion go just for the same pupose of replacing my previate PC with this setup and to have a bit more GPU juice in demanding games. How is the setup doing?any word of advice in terms of eGPU enclosure and graphics card? Have a great day regards Luc
    Level 3
    Hey folks! I'm pretty busy this week, but I'll be back at it next week and share the details :)

The short version is: I have a Legion Go + a Razer Core X Chroma, with a 7800 XT for the GPU. It was pretty annoying to set up the drivers (I haven't been a Windows user in well over a decade) as the built-in GPU (iGPU) drivers were always reset to some generic stuff. I basically had to install it manually just for that one, and then it started to work plugged or unplugged. I didn't have a lot of time for extended tests.

But it's not working yet with Bazzite (Linux, SteamOS-like) in my setup.

I hope to be able to do that next week :)

I also upgraded the 7800 XT to a 7900 XT.

I'll report back here and on Reddit once I've got my setup fully working, with all the details.
    Community Manager
    @jipiboily hey welcome, great to have you here! looking forward to read you around the Community! what are you playing on the go?
    Level 3
    @jipiboily hey welcome, great to have you here! looking forward to read you around the Community! what are you playing on the go?

I've played a bit of Enshrouded so far, and I'm looking forward to playing Cyberpunk and Dave the Diver next, probably! :)