Check out the PGL Major Copenhagen 2024 Counter-Strike 2 tournament!

Replies
    views
    Community Manager
    Hello Legion Gamers!

The PGL Major Copenhagen 2024 Counter-Strike 2 tournament kicks off this weekend!

On the 17th of March, there will be 16 matches played, and the opening ones will be Cloud9 vs ECSTATIC and 9Pandas vs AMKAL Esports!

Then, the eight best teams will go forward to the main matches of the tournament later in the month, with the tournament end, same as the month's end, taking place on the 31st of March!

There will be a total of 24 teams fighting for first place which comes with a nice cash prize of 1.25 million dollars 🤑 And the winner will get a spot at BLAST Premier World Final!

Name:  db6355a6-0938-44bd-ab73-cbe948c79385-ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg-converter.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  83.9 KB

Do we have any Counter-Strike 2 or Esports fans tempted to watch it?
  • 5 Replies

Level 16
    Just FYI this first one is the Opening Stage, here teams will play for the actual big stage games.
    8 teams from the picture which DrEldritch posted above will move to the Group Elimination Stage where they will play against the higher seed qualified top teams.

Name:  123.png
Views: 78
Size:  36.5 KB
    Definitely interested to see how the matches go, the new format is a bit painful and Valve ranking is even more painful (for the top 8 seed instant elimination invites).

I wish I could be over there watching live, maybe next time when they have Major again in EU, I think the next Major after this one is going to be in China or so.
    Community Manager
    Definitely interested to see how the matches go, the new format is a bit painful and Valve ranking is even more painful (for the top 8 seed instant elimination invites).

Maybe they did it so that the whole thing would be more fast and dynamic and not drag on? This seems to be the trend these days, happened to the Oscars too. Organisers keep trying to cut the event durations where they can.
    Community Manager
    The PGL Major Copenhagen 2024 Counter-Strike 2 tournament is almost over, all that is left is a grand finale on the 30th and 31st of March, this promises to be an exciting Easter! Here are the finalists:

Name:  Screenshot(29).png
Views: 36
Size:  38.8 KB
    @SKYTRiXSHA did you manage to catch any of the matches?

On a related note, while our Crystal Ball Gaming Competition is rolling, here is something to think about: although the tournament has no gender restrictions, it is predominantly male, which is a trend in e-sports. So what about the future, what can be done to address the segregation in e-sports issue? What does the future hold for esports and gamer equality?

If you have any ideas, share them in the competition! They too will count!
    Level 16
    @DoctorEldritch I did watch most of them, super happy that NaVi won!

Top-level esports in CS is male only, mainly because woman get their own tournaments and leagues with alright pricepools.
    Community Manager
    @DoctorEldritch I did watch most of them, super happy that NaVi won!

Why, were you hoping they would win?

Top-level esports in CS is male only, mainly because woman get their own tournaments and leagues with alright pricepools.

True, but that in itself is an interesting observation and trend. Unlike actual sports, esports does not depend on physical abilities, or so I thought. But I do not know that much about it and am not sure why this separation exists in esports as well.