Join The Crystal Ball Gaming Competition! (The competition is over!)

Replies
    views
    Level 1
    @DoctorEldritch

I think with VR and mobile gaming, the future of gaming could also see the integration of AI and machine learning. This could be a creation of more realistic and dynamic games, and also more personalized experiences tailored to the individuel players. I think AI also offers opportunities to speed up development.

as for how it Technology will help me in the future, I work in the tech industry (frontend) and I truly believe that AI can become our best friend and make our lives easier or more smooth, if used the right way.
    Level 3
    Alright, buckle up gamers, 'cause I believe the next decade's gonna be wiiiiild. VR and AR? They're not just for sci-fi anymore. They will have crazy immersive experiences that'll make reality feel dull in comparison. And cloud gaming? It's gonna be a game-changer (pun intended haha). No need for fancy hardware – one could just hop on a cloud platform and dive into a world of endless gaming. Oh, and AI? It wont be just for NPCs. The games of the future will be able to adapt to one's playstyle, keeping one on their toes every step of the way. So yeah, the future of gaming? It's gonna be epicccc!
    Level 5
    I have already seen what some companies are working on. AI powered dialogues, where the NPC will change it's replies depending on what you say.
    In the future I'd like to see, not VR or AR, but something.. bigger. In Korea I watched a hologram concert. I'd like to be INSIDE a hologram, in a room, but with so dense imaging that it looks like these 4k games I play on my PC (or well, on the console, my PC can't handle 4k), but I'd be inside it. So instead of "playing" Tomb Raider, I'd BE tomb Raider. But of course, in a super safe environment, even if it would hopefully include climeable parts. Like a hologram- obstacle course- GAME edition!
    Yes. I want that now. :D
    Level 3
    I think that gaming in the future is likely to continue evolving with advancements in technology such as virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), and potentially even mixed reality (MR).

These technologies could provide more immersive and interactive gaming experiences, blurring the lines between the virtual and physical worlds.

Additionally, developments in artificial intelligence (AI) may lead to more sophisticated NPCs (non-player characters) and dynamic game worlds that adapt to player actions in real-time.

Cloud gaming could also become more prevalent, allowing players to stream high-quality games without the need for powerful hardware.

Moreover, as gaming becomes more mainstream, we might see a greater emphasis on inclusivity, diversity, and accessibility in both game development and player communities.
    Level 4
    @DoctorEldritch Imagine directly uploading knowledge and skills into your brain. Advanced BCIs would allow professional e-sport athletes who already are on another level compared to the ordinary gamer to fullfill their ultimate potential. This would create e-sports on steroids which will be euphoric for the viewers that long for crazy outplays and would create even better training and practice for those striving to become greater without the assistance of AI.
    Level 10
    Gaming in the future will include a lot more AI for the NPCs in games that is also a lot more sophisticated than what we have right now, background characters with more natural reactions to what you, as the player, is doing. Nearly endless dialogue options that will help immerse the player into the virtual world, be it Night City from Cyberpunk or Gotham in the Batman games and many more.

Not only will future games include the AI powered NPCs, older games will get a new spark of life with the "nvidia RTX Remix" getting more fleshed out, so the classics will be better graphically than ever before and maybe even add support for VR so you can live out your dreams as Geralt of Rivia slaying monsters 🙌

And lastly, even though AR has been an available technology for a while, the recent release of the Apple Vision Pro will motivate more hardware and software companies to support AR for future games even for something simple as Hearthstone, having AR to put your board on your table will help immerse the players with many more use cases for such technology.
    Level 2
    @DoctorEldritch Reading this thread and seeing these great ideas flowing through must be reassuring that the game industry has some great brainstormers. If only I was a game developer or in charge to scoop up these ideas lmao. Keep em coming great folks! As for what I believe future technology would contribute to gaming is that gaming would be as many have said before have more adaptability to the player as I believe many stop playing a game as it's probably too easy or too difficult making it harder to feel challenged adequately while also having fun. I believe virtual reality will even grow better as it has been for the past few years to make it even more realistic with greater mobility and visual quality! The list goes on! :)
    Level 3
    Got some predictions and some facts really for you guys.

Ray Tracing Technology Continued advancements in ray tracing technology are likely to bring more realistic lighting and reflections to PC games, enhancing visual quality.
    The rise of cloud gaming platforms could revolutionize how games are played on PCs, offering instant access to a vast library of titles without the need for high-end hardware.
    Artificial intelligence in games is expected to become more sophisticated, leading to smarter NPCs, dynamic environments, and personalized gameplay experiences on PC.
    Cross-Platform Play and Progression. More games are likely to support cross-platform play, allowing PC gamers to play with friends on consoles or mobile devices. Cross-platform progression, where players can continue their game on different platforms, may also become more common.
    Virtual reality (VR) technologies could see more integration into PC gaming, providing immersive experiences and new gameplay possibilities.

The esports scene on PC will continue growing, with more organized tournaments, professional leagues, and increasing viewership around the world.
    The most dominating games is by far Battle Royale games and tbh that will not stop growing either its going far down in ages to 6 years and up all the way to 60-70 years old players and that is something that just have happened in World of Warcraft but even in WOW, it didnt meet what we see in the growth of Battle Royale games!
    Level 2
    @DoctorEldritch In the next decade, there will be a surge in the popularity and functionality of personalized virtual assistants. These assistants will not only help with mundane tasks like scheduling appointments and setting reminders but will also become personalized companions tailored to your unique preferences and needs. Using advanced AI algorithms, these assistants will learn from your interactions, anticipate your needs, and provide proactive suggestions and assistance. This will revolutionize gaming indirectly by allowing more free time to relax and play in harmony without the stress or pressure of having some tasks laying around waiting to be fulfilled!
    Level 2
    The gaming of the future will certainly be miles ahead of today's! When we compare how far the graphics have come from the xbox 360 days to today we see huuuge differences. I look forward to see how much more realistic games will look in comparison to today and also what the different hardwares that will exist in the future!! I really look forward to winning this PC to finally be able to play all the games that I watch on youtube but dont have the hardware that is capable of running them!