Join The Crystal Ball Gaming Competition! (The competition is over!)

Replies
    views
    Level 2
    @DoctorEldritch Gaming in the future that you can sit for hours and not get a headache or feel your eyes being sore would be the best. As a father of two, whenever I finish a 2 hour session my wife tells me I look like a zombie (for crying out loud). It would make it more enjoyable although it could risk developing a habit for many, it could also teach proper self-control!
    Level 2
    @DoctorEldritch With the ever increasing hype again resurfacing on bitcoin, i think that the blockchain technology and non-fungible tokens (NFTs) have the potential to transform gaming economies in the future by enabling players to own and trade digital assets securely. This could lead to new monetization models, decentralized gaming platforms, and player-driven economies.
    Level 2
    The future will have crazy monitors, keyboards and other hardware that will make the gaming experience one of the best
    Level 2
    @DoctorEldritch I hope that in the future more games would resort into making their games compatible for split-screen, I swear to god these were the good old days and more and more games are turning into making it multiplayer but across mutiple platforms. It's not much am asking for but bring back split screen games xd
    Level 2
    @DoctorEldritch Hmmmm, gaming is pretty advanced today as it is right now with graphics looking more like life than life is looking like (wat))? Haha jokes aside I think AI will be able to develop even more engaging storylines in the future for offline/career games which will bring many more experiences and storylines never felt before
    Level 2
    @DoctorEldritch the new emerging technologies could find themselves into gaming such as 5G, haptics, and brain-computer interfaces that really could open up new possibilities for gaming. Faster internet connections, advanced tactile feedback, and direct neural interaction with games could lead to more immersive and responsive gaming experiences. I need more people with 5G on my team elon musk please develop more starlinks!!!
    Level 2
    The future of gaming is poised to be a wild ride!!! :3 with the advancements in technology blurring the lines between reality and the virtual world, textures will be incredibly detailed, lighting will be dynamic, and character models will be indistinguishable from real people (they already are in many games!!) Advanced haptic suits and controllers will be able to provide realistic feedback for actions like feeling the weight of a weapon or the texture of an object. (Imagine feeling the rain on your skin or the wind in your hair as you explore a virtual world) cant wait for the future of gaming!!!!!!
    Level 2
    @DoctorEldritch That PC is looking reaaal nice! what a great opportunity hope I get my hands on it :D. As for the future, i believe more barriers between platforms (PC, consoles, mobile) could dissolve, allowing seamless multiplayer experiences regardless of the device you use and that AR and VR technology might merge to create a blended reality. That would be awesome and all I would ask for really
    Level 1
    Games might become more social spaces where players can hang out, collaborate, and create shared experiences beyond just competition just like the metaverse and pretty similar to VR chat
    Level 2
    The future of gaming will largely depend on how tiny the semiconductor industry can manage to manufacture a chip that is 1-nanometer (nm). That said, the 1-nm chips are still in the R&D phase, which means we’re a long way away from seeing them on the market and the 3-nm chip remains currently the smallest size that you’ll find in production today.

To put that into perspective, A human hair is 100,000 nanometers wide. Atoms and quarks are both smaller than a nanometer. While they vary in size, atoms can be anywhere from .1 to .5 nanometers in diameter. Its mind boggling how advanced technology has become in regards to CPU building and I can only watch and fantasize on the future of transistors and their effect on gaming.