Join The Crystal Ball Gaming Competition! (The competition is over!)

Replies
    views
    Level 5
    @DoctorEldritch

We must do a few things to promote fun, health, and adrenaline.

This is my vision.

A big indoor hall with boxes and stairs and so on,
    virtual reality headset with sound, and a special jumpsuit with next-generation sensors.

You are playing a live COD where every shot is felt, every stun grenade will blur your vision in VR. Even The claymore mine will make walking difficult because of the Jumpsuit which has next-generation sensors.

This will promote health, and even let other people create new maps in VR, You will get your ass out to meet gamers, develop better physics and be part of COD, where you see yourself acting instead of the characters. You will be the main character.

Or

playing indoor soccer, with VR FiFa, The little hall becomes an arena full of Supporters, where you play your favorite team with their jerseys, you look at your old mate with crazy football sneakers and a Manchester United outfit. You hear the crowds chanting and cheering.

My mind is going in full, it feels like I'm already in it. The Future Of Gaming Will Blow Us Away.
    Level 2
    Advancements in artificial intelligence will lead to NPCs who react dynamically to your choices, creating a more engaging and believable virtual world. However, there may still be occasional technical hurdles to overcome, and achieving top-tier gear might require dedicated effort. Nevertheless, the future of gaming looks incredibly bright, offering a thrilling and immersive experience for players of all levels, personally i'm interested to see how the old time classics will compare to the future games
    Level 2
    Powerful software that will become more advance in the future will unlock hyper-realistic worlds, smarter AI for characters, and smoother gameplay, making games feel more immersive and alive.
    Level 2
    Faster (and cheaper) computers will be the muscle behind the future of gaming. They'll render stunning visuals, create complex and reactive AI for characters, and handle massive, detailed worlds. This translates to games that feel more immersive, realistic, and alive, with seamless gameplay and the potential for truly mind-blowing experiences. as for my current computer? I'd be needing this PC real bad!
    Level 3
    Some day you will be able to smell your gaming buddies over the internet. This would truly be revolutionary.
    Level 1
    @sawullo Would be worse if I smelled the enemies with how many sweaty tryhards they usually have lool, it really would be revolutionary however imagine if you can even sense the tears, thats the future gaming that im looking forward to man!
    Level 2
    @KingRurik This would cure my ADHD from not being able to focus on a movie for more than 15minutes LMFAO, its a great predicition and I feel like its whats already happening nowadays with people opting to watch playthroughs than playing the game themselves. What I believe might happen in the future is collaborations between movie and video game companies to make that a reality with multiple different endings, would really be revolutionary to the video game space more than the movie space imo. What would even bring another level of spice is if you incorporated VR and real life effects such as heat/water and maybe more in the future that movable seats with effects will find its way into more ordinary homes to create the ultimate videogame and movie experience!
    Level 2
    @DoctorEldritch Gaming would be such a banger activity to do in the future if they made cinema theatres to hire/book for a day where you could use the huge projector to play any games you'd like with your friends like FIFA pro clubs would be so banging if you could book a cinema and play upwards to idk 11 at the same time. Not only is there a great projector but also great audio systems which would make it such a satisfying experience. It's not the most technical advancement when compared to the others predictions here but I believe its more of an administration thing where the cinemas have to look and see if its profitable for them and if it really is doable and worth the time and effort
    Level 16
    As a game developer, I hope AI wont affect too much creative positions, such as art and stuff like that.
    AI can be very useful asset when it comes to coding and also, to provide some sketches to unleash more creativity but not do the job for you.
    I personally dislike games that use fully AI created assets which are just copy & paste and I can see that in the future many new games will have ton of AI created assets and storylines, which can feel good to play but I definitely doubt so.

I hope there will be a new wave of cloud gaming, without Stadia flop I hope. In the future internet connections will get much more faster and also, cheaper, which will provide better ground for cloud gaming platforms. I hope this will improve the possibilities of XBOX Cloud gaming and perhaps there will be some new competitors too! (More competition is better for customers as well).

Also, I hope that VR will become much more accesible with new features for those who have eyeglasses and also that the price point to enter would be lower than what it is now. Lets see what Oculus (Meta) will do in the next 3 years or so.
    @elondusk
    At least in Finland we already have that, it costs like 300€ for 1 hour or so :D
    Level 2
    AI will have a great impact on the interfaces and what works and what doesn't with the hardcores but even casuals, this will be done with both statistics and machine learning and the franchises first to master these two might be in for a great user experience 😃