Join The Crystal Ball Gaming Competition! (The competition is over!)

Replies
    views
    Level 1
    I predict VR games are going to become mainstream, it just takes a popular console to do it. Look at what the Wii did for motion controls and how widely that was emulated for the period.
    Level 2
    @DoctorEldritch I believe that we're quite close to reaching a level of immersion comparable to the "full dive" games often seen in pop culture such as "Ready Player One" and "Sword Art online". But i don't believe that the popularity of such technology will be as high in reality, mostly due to the resource demand of production keeping prices up.

One reason for my belief is the recent news coming from neuralink, having successfully implanted a mind reading chip in a human patient! In the future we may be using games in a way to train prosthetics. For example letting a patient try moving in a vr world with their mind, and transferring that control data to real world technology.
    Level 1
    @DoctorEldritch I think there will be more games that revolve around health and give real world benefits. so for example, a fitness game on your mobile where if you run 5k 3 times in a week you are rewarded with a free coffee from Starbucks or 6 nuggets form McDonalds.
    Level 3
    @DoctorEldritch I

In the future i dont think we are gonna use physical stuff like mobile phones, tablets, gaming consoles, PC and so on. I think the future is to install some computerchip in our heads where we can control everything.

My favorite game is Halo! Lets just think that every human being will have an AI/chip connected like Cortana. We will probably know everything about the world and we can start any game in our heads. We will just close our eyes and we will be inside the game. This also include multiplayer so you can play all the different games/scenarios.

Of course there will be different chips depends on how much money you will have to pay. Some will get basic features like Google Search, contacting friends and family.

The most powerful chip will have everything really!

I think its not far until we get this technology so i would want to have a really good gaming PC until this starts for us humans! 😊
    gaming is becoming more and more advanced and i hope it continues to do so in the right way with how PC parts are becoming more and more capable aswell as games having better graphics and overall player feeling
    Level 1
    @DoctorEldritch AI could play a larger role in generating game content and maps This could lead to more dynamic and replayable games with procedurally generated worlds that adapt to player actions and choices. Additionally, AI-generated content could help developers create larger and more diverse game worlds more efficiently and make them save more time by that which they can put on other projects or stuff that AI cant handle
    Level 1
    @DoctorEldritch I hope gaming will be available for those with health problems that would not allow them to game otherwise such those with disabilities and other such difficulties
    Level 1
    I would hope more gaming cafés to open up in place of the coffee shops everywhere with high end computers and great snacks
    Level 1
    Gaming in the future will be more accesible to everybody, rich or poor, 1st world or 3rd world, hardcore or casual, it will be the universal way of acessing dopamine and it will have many variation forms
    Level 2
    The future of video games holds boundless possibilities, from immersive virtual reality experiences to AI-driven narratives and seamless integration of augmented reality into gameplay. Exciting innovations await, promising to redefine how we play and interact with digital worlds.