What's the story behind your username / gamer tag?

Replies
    views
    Head of Community
    Hey guys,

I often spot cool and unusual usernames here on the Community, and same with gamertags also while I'm playing multiplayer games. And then I wonder how did they come up with that name? 👀 🤔 😄

So I thought I'd ask you guys on here 1) if you've wondered the same thing about other people's usernames, and 2) Where does your username come from? Is there a special meaning behind it, any specific reason why you picked that one? 😊

It can be a very personal thing for some to pick a gamertag and it can take some effort to make sure you pick one that feels right. I've certainly spent some time coming up with mine to make sure I want to stick with it in the long run without having to request name changes later which can sometimes be a pain. My forum username is Marion, which is just my first name though (actually, nickname, real first name is Marjo as I'm from Finland, but Marion here in the UK is easier for people to pronounce so some called me that and it stuck over the years).

My gamertag is MoriMoonpaw, which has a somewhat complicated story. 😅 I like the Arthurian legend with King Arthur and Morgan le Fay (my cat Arthur is also named after King Arthur!) and I've always liked the name variation Morgana. It's usually taken everywhere already so I've been modifying it slightly over the years, until it became Moriganna some time ago. People who I played with started to shorten it to just "Mori" so when I decided to be more consistent with my gamertags I chose MoriMoonpaw. Kept Mori from my earlier "identity" and Moonpaw because there are a lot of names with a "moon" on them in WoW, which I really like the sound of and wanted something similar, and also I have 2 cats so the paw just comes from them. 😄

So that's the story behind mine.

What about yours? 😁
  • 17 Replies

Level 2
    Mine is neither creative or has to much background. Inspired by a web series by 'Weebl stuff' - On the Moon (Insanity Prawn Boy.) A prawn on the Moon.

It came to be long ago, and I just stuck with it. It's both silly and sounds not all that awful. Variations might be Prawn, Shrimp, ShrimpyMoon.
    Head of Community
    Mine is neither creative or has to much background. Inspired by a web series by 'Weebl stuff' - On the Moon (Insanity Prawn Boy.) A prawn on the Moon.

It came to be long ago, and I just stuck with it. It's both silly and sounds not all that awful. Variations might be Prawn, Shrimp, ShrimpyMoon.

I like your username a lot! I like to use these to represent it 🌕🍤

😄 Hope that's ok 😄 It gives me a mental image of a happy prawn just chilling on the moon's surface. Thanks for your reply! Awesome to read these stories. 😊
    Level 2
    @Marion

NP ;) You may also ruin that mental image by googling 'Insanity Prawn Boy' (SFW) ;P
    Level 12
    Mine's been sticking a long time now... I've been known as Lawnovo in the Lenovo community, due to my love of lawns and gardening, coupled with my passion for Lenovo ThinkPads..

but, my current "name" stems from the fact that I'm known to absolutely love bacon - bacon makes everything better! On Facebook I managed to get its recommendation system to recognise my name as a recommendation whenever anybody i'm connected to or friended to type in "bacon". A mate of mine was saying that I would do anything for bacon and over time AirBnB "landlords" crept into the discussion (i'm honestly not sure where that came from) and eventually it became AirBnBacon.

In my day job I'm in management, IT to be more specific, and during a conference registration one day my CEO typed in Chief Bacon Officer in my "title and role". This was printed on the attendee badge as well. the chairman of the board saw it after a picture of me was posted on the socials, pointing out that "this was the coolest title ever seen".. since then, he's referred to me as Chief Bacon Officer.

Anyways, i love bacon and have now more than 70 different recipes for making bacon collected - so the name fits imho 😁😁😁
    Frozen consulting manager in the north.. loves gaming, writing code and wearing shorts in -5c
    Level 29

In my day job I'm in management, IT to be more specific, and during a conference registration one day my CEO typed in Chief Bacon Officer in my "title and role". This was printed on the attendee badge as well. the chairman of the board saw it after a picture of me was posted on the socials, pointing out that "this was the coolest title ever seen".. since then, he's referred to me as Chief Bacon Officer.

I was going to write a long comment but then I decided to go with: 😂😂😂😂😂😂
    Head of Community
    Anyways, i love bacon and have now more than 70 different recipes for making bacon collected - so the name fits imho 😁😁😁

That's interesting, I didn't know there would even be so many different bacon-related recipes. Any of them unusual, like those you wouldn't have thought you could put bacon in? 😄
    Head of Community
    @Marion

NP ;) You may also ruin that mental image by googling 'Insanity Prawn Boy' (SFW) ;P

Hahahahaha just saw this from googling that

Name:  MoonPrawnb.jpg
Views: 765
Size:  37.0 KB
    Level 12
    That's interesting, I didn't know there would even be so many different bacon-related recipes. Any of them unusual, like those you wouldn't have thought you could put bacon in? 😄

yeah, one of my favourite ones is a broccoli summer salad, which contains smoked bacon in it...

Another of my favourite recipes are called Millionaire Bacon and there are tons of variants out there of it - i have 7 of them and working on doing a new one where I smoke my own bacon this summer
    Frozen consulting manager in the north.. loves gaming, writing code and wearing shorts in -5c
    Head of Community
    Ooh this is making me hungry @AirBnBacon 😄 That sounds amazing! I love salads in general, and that one sounds awesome! Maybe we should have a topic about food 😄 🤤