Game launch in left corner truncated window, and minimize randomly to desktop - Need advice to fix

Replies
    views
    Level 2
    My laptop is a Lenovo Legion 9i. It was all working fine, and I must have touched something that created this issue but cannot figure out what. Here is the issue :

1) When I launch a Steam game (Cyberpunk 2077), it opens in a left corner truncated window. It made me think of when one has a external monitor connected, and a window is half on one screen and half on another, thus I checked the display settings, and...

2) Indeed the laptop showed me two screens, my laptop screen as #2, and a fictional external screen as #1. To be clear, I do not have any external screen connected.

To fix the issue, temporily, I must select 'show on 2' to get my full game window. However, the issue will start again the next game launch.

Furthermore, and I believe related, when I am gaming, randomly, it will minimize to desktop while the sound of a system sound is heard.

Finally, when I check the Nvidia GPU tray, I see many programs running on it while I game. It didnt used to be the case. I only add Cyberpunk.

Overall, I feel it is an issue with display setting or Nvidia panel. To fix it, I have tried to:
    • Verify that 'Automatic select' was checked in the Nvidia control panel
    • Verify that the same was in the BIOS to ensure dynamic setting
    • Reinstalled STEAM and the game

I have not fixed the issue, and I am at a loss what is happening.

I wasnt able to attach screenshot as I dont see to have the right to do so on this forum.
  • 2 Replies

Level 20
    maybe delete the game files in documents folder it might stored some windowed configuration
    ||\\__YOUR TEAM CARRIER__//||