Looking for a multi purpose monitor

Replies
    views
    Level 4
    Hey everybody this is my first post!

I'm not the craziest of gamers but we've recently gotten a ps5 even though we always game on laptops. Now comes the question if there is any great yet cheap monitors one could both play the ps5 on and possibly in the future use for pc gaming aswell. thankful for the help ;DDDDDD
  • 8 Replies

Level 2
    @afach Depends on your budget really, i grabbed the 100hz version of this couple of months ago

https://www.amazon.com/PHILIPS-Compu...dp/B0BRR4ZGNP/

Its 70 dollars + shipping so again I think i'd highly advise you to just visit your local electronics store and see what they got, possibly they have a new monitor but in a broken box/returned box which you can grab for a bargain. Hard to know without knowing your budget plus what models are in the store close to you
    Level 52
    @afach Hi there and welcome, for a good experience with PS5 you can check for a 4K 120Hz monitor, now cheap can mean everything and nothing at the same time, but you might want to give a look at this top of RTings they are experts on this field
    Tag me to be sure I see the answer and reply to you / Taguez moi pour être sûr que je vois la réponse et vous réponde en retour
    Most of my writings in no particular order (mostly in French) / La plupart de mes écrits sans ordre particulier
    >> HERE/ ICI <<

Community Manager
    @afach Interesting question, in my ignorance I somehow assumed that PS gamers would more often use their TV devices to play rather than monitors, so that was illuminating to find out that it is not always the case.

I guess @GoLLuM13 is right and it may come down to your budget, I know it did for me when I was looking for a controller. That list has a lot of options, and @verschibatch has you covered for an affordable option.

I want to ask, how soon are you thinking of getting it? If time is not a factor, then it could pay to wait until the next Black Friday and maybe save a bit. But it would be understandable if you want to get a monitor as soon as you can to start playing, too.
    Level 4
    Nahh im not in such a hurry so great shout, shall see until then :)
    Community Manager
    @afach With some luck, some new models will come out by that time, too! And there could be sudden sales or good offers in the meantime, as well.
    Level 16
    I would recommend trying to find one that supports HDMI 2.1 so you can play with high refresh rate on your console.

I would probably recommend finding a 1440p monitor (More budget choice) or then go 4K.

You should ensure you have that HDMI 2.1 support, like LG 27GR93U-B has, so you get most out of it while you are playing games on your PS5 :)

If you let us know your budget we can definitely send you some recommendations!
    Level 4
    Thanks for the recommendations everybody :D. Primarily I think I wouldn't pay more than like 200-250 dollars on a monitor but then again if it was a really good suggestion thats a bit over the budget but price worthy then I could actually reconsider. I still game on laptops from time to time when I find time for it so I could just wait for black friday and cop something up for a huge discount, who knows maybe better monitors would become better priced by then :D
    Community Manager
    @afach Black Friday usually gives some good choices, even if it is a bit of a gamble. Another thing is your preferred size for the monitor. One of the things I found since @GoLLuM13 helped me to find the controller is that, when I use it with my laptop, I need to move further away a bit so I can use my hands more freely in front of me, and when I do that, laptop screen becomes a tad small for me. Size does matter.

Consoles to me are associated with TV sets in my antiquated view, and those are bigger than laptop monitors usually. Do you have a size in mind that you are looking for? 32 inches, more?