Is it ok to connect mouse to always ON USB port which support power delivery outward?

Replies
    views
    Level 4
    I recently bought Legion 5 16IRX9 when always on usb feature is on there is no problem while connecting usb device to other usb (not always on) but the feature is off , I can hear little crackle or spark sound from usb that does not support always on. Can anyone explain what going on, And this sound happen if connect first time after startup and after few unplug and plugin the sound vanish.
  • 7 Replies

Community Manager
    @SamTheInferno hello! I am not sure, I do the same, let's see what @Lascax thinks about it!
    Level 52
    I don't think there's a problem connecting a mouse to Always ON usb port you might check if there's a check a BIOS update it might fix the problem
    👁️ A W A K E N 👁️
    Level 38
    @SamTheInferno There should be no issue having a device in the Always On Port at any point.
    The little crackle is probably due to other factors. Some that comes to mind:
    • Static electricity: is the USB plug often on cloth or getting some charge from other sensible materials?
    • Same as before: is the laptop resting on sensible materials? Like on the bed or similar surfaces.
    • Is the USB plug not damaged or presenting rusting?
    • Does other USB plugs present the same issue? This could mean help identify the port as an issue or not.

Take these questions as reference. Is any of those helping you identify the source of your issue?
    Gaming laptop enthusiast with a passion for Game Design
    🇮🇹 Il mio Canale Youtube di informazione su GAMING e TECH: ▶ LASCAX infoTech
    Currently on Lenovo Legion 5 Pro 2022 (12700H/3070Ti/32GB), Legion GO & Legion Glasses

🇮🇹 Taggatemi nelle risposte o potrei perdermele.
    🇬🇧 Tag me in your replies or I could miss them.
    Level 4
    @Lascax Yes this happens with other USBs and my laptop is on cooling pad which metallic mesh. And I can assure you my USBs devices are fine because they never given this or other problem with my older laptop.
    Now I think it may be happening because the machine is brand new.
    Level 38
    @SamTheInferno It should not be something related to the machine being brand new, afaik.
    Does the sound happen only when plugging in or is it a continuing noise?
    Also, does it happen also on battery and/or only when charging?
    Gaming laptop enthusiast with a passion for Game Design
    🇮🇹 Il mio Canale Youtube di informazione su GAMING e TECH: ▶ LASCAX infoTech
    Currently on Lenovo Legion 5 Pro 2022 (12700H/3070Ti/32GB), Legion GO & Legion Glasses

🇮🇹 Taggatemi nelle risposte o potrei perdermele.
    🇬🇧 Tag me in your replies or I could miss them.
    Level 6
    I recently bought Legion 5 16IRX9 when always on usb feature is on there is no problem while connecting usb device to other usb (not always on) but the feature
    Banned
    @SamTheInferno Power Delivery (PD) Compatibility: PD ports are designed to supply higher power levels (up to 100W or more) for charging devices like laptops or tablets. However, they are backward compatible with regular USB devices, including mice, keyboards, and other peripherals that typically require much less power (usually 5V, 100mA to 500mA).