Earth Day 2024

Replies
    views
    Community Manager
    Hello everyone and Happy Earth Day!

As you know today we should put an extra focus on the protection of the environment, however, I believe every day should be an Earth Day in our mind, putting ourselves in the mindset that even our small daily contribution can make a difference to helping the environment!

Please take a look at the video shared on the official website of the Earth Day which is talking about one of the many environment threats that we are facing, microplastics!

What are the daily actions that you take to reduce your impact?

I try to use least water as possible, I always walk when I can, I do not buy water in plastic bottles etc.

Tell me yours!

Here in the UK they say to "TOUCH GRASS" so here a picture of the beautiful green park close to the river that crosses my city, please share a picture that you took that represents the beauty of mother nature!

Name:  IMG_6103(1).jpg
Views: 624
Size:  102.5 KB
    Last edited by Sarkhan; 23-04-24 at 12:28.
  • 14 Replies

Community Manager
    Happy Earth Day! 🌍 I agree, every day should be Earth Day.
    Level 12
    @Sarkhan We should pay more attention to the environment and make sure that the cleaning workers do not get tired

kindly visit my youtube channel:

NOVICE EDITOR
    It's hard to combine ecology and technophilia.

I'm well aware that when I buy a laptop I'm being toxic both for the environment and from a social point of view (it's children who go into the mines to extract the different ores ... or slaves, there are wars over territory by "industrial" militias and a continuation of the colonization of Africa by the West).

But there are still good gestures to be made or to compensate, "a little" at our level

- I'm a vegetarian, and I'm making more and more vegan meals at home (at work it's more complicated) The meat industry being one of the most toxic on a global scale AND from a social and ethical point of view too (burning forests in Brazil to grow soya for livestock, pumping out astronimical quantities of water while people are dying of thirst).
    And when I can, I'm an activist in the field or I help out with communications for associations.

- I limit my travels, I have a small light car that runs on LPG and I don't fly (well, LPG after all ...)

- I take care of my equipment, so I don't have to change it too often. My last laptop was 13 years old and it still works. The choice of equipment is also important. Buy to last, not discount products that end up costing more.

- At work, I inform and educate children and teenagers about environmental protection and teach them the names of flowers, trees, fauna AND the impact of each life on the ecosystem, because you can only protect something if you know it exists.
    Community Manager
    @ramax I like you awareness and transparency and how you balance what you mentioned at the beginning with all the positive actions, if think that's the right approach. We should be aware that our daily life has already can have a negative impact on different things, but we can do our best to reduce that and bring some positive actions!
    Level 52
    Shareholding corporations of the universal economic system should agree on one thing which is to find solutions to non recyclable materials and make a stand to reduce the toxic produced materials to the least amount possible
    👁️ A W A K E N 👁️
    Level 43
    Happy earthday everyone ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Name:  Designer.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  88.1 KB