May 2024 : Selection of games to be released

Replies
    views
    Level 52

Hello Legion members,

Here is a selection of games which should be released in this month of May 2024 in chronological order (and alphabetical in the case of the same date). Of course, there won't be every game released this month, so there might be a game you're waiting for that's missing, if so, please let us know.
    Endless Ocean Luminous
    02/05/2024
    Switch
    MotoGP 24
    02/05/2024
    PC / PS4 / PS5 / Xbox One / Xbox Series / Switch
    Little Kitty, Big City
    09/05/2024
    PC / Xbox One / Xbox Series / Switch
    Pac-Man Mega Tunnel Battle : Chomp Champs
    09/05/2024
    PC / PS4 / PS5 / Xbox One / Xbox Series / Switch
    The Rogue Prince of Persia
    14/05/2024
    PC
    Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut
    16/05/2024
    PC
    Senua's Saga : Hellblade II
    21/05/2024
    PC / Xbox Series
    Wuthering Waves
    22/05/2024
    PC / Android / iOS
    Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
    25/05/2024
    Switch
    MultiVersus
    28/05/2024
    PC / PS4 / PS5 / Xbox One / Xbox Series
    Tag me to be sure I see the answer and reply to you / Taguez moi pour être sûr que je vois la réponse et vous réponde en retour
    Most of my writings in no particular order (mostly in French) / La plupart de mes écrits sans ordre particulier
    >> HERE/ ICI <<

• 30 Replies

Community Manager
    @GoLLuM13 Thank you for this as always. Finally finally finally finally Ghost of Tsushima is coming out, for me, it is the big release of the month. Been waiting for it for a long time, very excited to finally try it.

Other than that, Little Kitty, Big City seems interesting to try. Stray was a good game, but essentially a quest adventure. This one seems closer to how cats actually are, based on a trailer. Could work for some lighthearted fun.

Senua's Saga: Hellblade II is good to see, though I still need to finish the first one. I started it, but then something more interesting came along, so I shelved it. Could be a good reason to get back to it now when part 2 is coming. But not before GoT, of course 😅

Wuthering Waves I'll need to see about, games like that are hit-or-miss for me, I'll need to check the review score once it's out.

The Rogue Prince of Persia is also one I've been keeping an eye on, and it's very good that it is Evil Empire who is making it, those guys brought us the superb Dead Calls, so they should know what they are doing. The only thing is that it is Early Access in May, not the full release. I do not play Early Access games. Even though I read Evil Empire's reasons for going down this route with this game, and I see their point, but Early Access is just not something that I do. So I'll need to wait. Actually, does anyone here play Early Access?

So these would be my picks from the May pile. And to add one of my own, there is one interesting metroidivania coming out at the end of May called Nine Sols:

It's as if Ghost of Tsushima and Little Kitty, Big City had a kid 😉 Looks promising to me so far. And may be of interest to @halonfire while we wait for Silksong, or to save for later.
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch We are having a very rich month 😁
    Tag me to be sure I see the answer and reply to you / Taguez moi pour être sûr que je vois la réponse et vous réponde en retour
    Most of my writings in no particular order (mostly in French) / La plupart de mes écrits sans ordre particulier
    >> HERE/ ICI <<

Community Manager
    @GoLLuM13 That we do. Maybe things are looking up?
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch Maybe, but I see a trend these months, Sony Games on PC but not on PS4/PS5 👀
    >> HERE/ ICI <<

Community Manager
    @DoctorEldritch Maybe, but I see a trend these months, Sony Games on PC but not on PS4/PS5 👀

Perhaps, but we PC peers are only now getting Ghost of Tsushima while PS4/PS5 crew got it ages ago. I'd say we're even 😅
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch True, but what I meant is that Sony doesn't have any first party exclusive for almost the year and they're filling the gaps, little by little, by releasing their games on PC. I'm pretty sure in the next months we will have games like, Demon Souls, God of War Ragnarok and Gran Turismo 7 even (maybe ?)
    >> HERE/ ICI <<

Community Manager
    @DoctorEldritch True, but what I meant is that Sony doesn't have any first party exclusive for almost the year

Really? What about Stellar Blade or Rise of the Rōnin, they do not count?

I'm pretty sure in the next months we will have games like, Demon Souls, God of War Ragnarok and Gran Turismo 7 even (maybe ?)

I am all for it, God of War Ragnarok in particular, I want to know how that story ends.
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch Rise of the Ronin is made by Team Ninja while Stellar Blade is made by Shift Up Corporation, which means both are 3rd party exclusives not 1st party. If I'm not mistaken the latest from a Sony Studio was Spider-Man 2 🤔
    >> HERE/ ICI <<

Community Manager
    @GoLLuM13 Ah, got it, I misunderstood how exclusive to Sony we were talking about. Yeah, then those two do not count. Then yeah, Sony is slowing down a bit, it seems. After your post I looked into it and there seems to be an article about it, too.

Probably not a bad thing. In recent years there was a bit of a quantity over quality conundrum, I do not mind things slowing down a notch if it means we get better quality AAA games out of it. Besides, with so many developers around, we are unlikely to run out of good games to try even if Sony does slow down.

But that's me, and I am biased, being a PC through and through and all.