[ STEAM : Publisher Sales ] It's PARADOX's turn to offer -80% promotions!!!

Replies
    views
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch Ooh, I totally missed that announcement. Looking forward to another adventure in Hogwarts then!

I agree that even the "good" ending was lame. It was also kind of lame how the thread with the second biggest villain in the game ended. Just a cutscene and a battle... I expected maybe at least a big mission in the enemy's hold... Nope. 🤐
    Unamused Snarktooth. Advocate for hearing loss & accessibility. Person, friend and a terrible/terrific* artist.
    *delete as appropriate
    Community Manager
    @Saka It is more of a rumour at this stage, developers are dropping names and hints but nothing specific. We're not even sure if it is going to be an AAA game or a MMORPG game. So stay tuned 😉

Yeah, it did feel anticlimactic. But then again, the whole game is a bit like that, there are almost no choices or visible consequences like there are in Witcher, for example. Nothing you do in the world affects it in any way. And even using Unforgivable Curses while fighting alongside allies like Fig gets you nothing more than a comment about it when in reality you should be sent to Azkaban for using them. The game is stunning visually, but the deeper worldbuilding is lacking. I want to say some of the ending problems stem from that.
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch There are like... two choices that alter the ending of the game, the rest are basically cosmetic changes like a comment thrown by the npcs when following you... which is easily missable as I usually even played without sound and didn't pay that much attention to the text around me.
    Unamused Snarktooth. Advocate for hearing loss & accessibility. Person, friend and a terrible/terrific* artist.
    *delete as appropriate
    Community Manager
    @Saka But even with those two choices the consequences are superficial at best. I mean, if almost everything except the final cutscene is the same, well, that is not a good thing. That kind of gameplay design was in 20 years ago, but these days, after Witcher and Baldur's Gate 3 and Fallout New Vegas the standards are different.
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch Yeah, the game definitely failed in that regard.
    *delete as appropriate
    Community Manager
    @DoctorEldritch Yeah, the game definitely failed in that regard.

Which is why I am more inclined to...not forgive exactly, but overlook that shortcoming if they are actually making a trilogy and this is not the "proper end" but more of an "intermission". If they manage to turn this thing around (and they got this feedback not just from you and me either, many gamers share this view), then that can salvage the impression of this "bad" ending. But they have their work cut out for them.