Insomniac Games is celebrating 30 years!

Replies
    views
    Community Manager
    Hello Legion Gamers!

A bit of congratulatory news: Insomniac Games is celebrating 30 years in business! Well, technically the studio was established on the 28th of February, but they posted about it just recently:

Name:  Screenshot(54).jpg
Views: 56
Size:  91.8 KB

And as they said, they did show resilience: 30 years is a long time, not that many studios can claim this feat (especially recently 😣). But even with recent layoffs and file leak, Insomniac Games is still going and gave us such good games as Spyro ( @Saka I remember you mentioning it), Marvel's Spider-Man and Ratchet & Clank. And they are still working on their next game, Marvel's Wolverine.

Though my favourite game of theirs is Sunset Overdrive because of how crazy, in a good way, it was:

I wish they made more of those, it's been 10 years since it came out. @GoLLuM13 maybe you remember that one.

Do you have a favourite Insomniac Games game?
  • 6 Replies

Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch happy birthday to this studio and all the talents there and long live to them

As for Sunset Overdrive I'm afraid it went under my radar 👀
    Tag me to be sure I see the answer and reply to you / Taguez moi pour être sûr que je vois la réponse et vous réponde en retour
    Most of my writings in no particular order (mostly in French) / La plupart de mes écrits sans ordre particulier
    >> HERE/ ICI <<

Community Manager
    As for Sunset Overdrive I'm afraid it went under my radar 👀

It went under my radar as well until a few years back. For some reason, I don't think they spotlighted it very much after they ported it on PC in 2018, 4 years after it was released on consoles.

But then I came across it and it looked interesting, I generally enjoy the wackiness genre. It is good in the same way Third and Fourth Saint's Row were good in terms of the silliness of approach, but Sunset Overdrive has less crude humour and more geek references. If you like silly open-world games, then I can recommend it, at least, I enjoyed it.

And it is on GamePass right now as well.
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch I am afraid I only played Spyro from those games. Spyro is great tho!
    Unamused Snarktooth. Advocate for hearing loss & accessibility. Person, friend and a terrible/terrific* artist.
    *delete as appropriate
    Community Manager
    @Saka then you may be interested to know that Toys For Bob that brought us Spyro Reignited Trilogy and Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time may be teasing/hinting at a new game. They updated their website with this:

Name:  image1.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  38.0 KB

The mask is from Bandicoot but the colour theme is from Spyro, so it's anyone's guess what they are hitting at.
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch Perhaps a game that's a mix of both? Intriguing.
    Unamused Snarktooth. Advocate for hearing loss & accessibility. Person, friend and a terrible/terrific* artist.
    *delete as appropriate
    Community Manager
    @Saka A mystery! But it does its job of making us guess. Their marketing team does not get paid for nothing. 😅