Assassin's Creed Shadows premiere!

Replies
    views
    Community Manager
    Hello LEgion Gamers!

Ubisoft revealed that their next Assassin's Creed game set in medieval Japan, previously codenamed Red, got its official name and will be Assassin's Creed Shadows! And there is more: already tomorrow the first cinematic trailer will air, check it here:

With Like a Dragon 2 and Ghost of Tsushima, Japan is on the rise this year! But it does mean that Shadows will have very strong competition...
  • 12 Replies

Community Manager
    A bit of news. Turns out, Ubisoft left some clues for some goodies after the trailer, and now those clues have been solved:

Name:  Screenshot(56).jpg
Views: 73
Size:  82.0 KB

So if you're interested, you can follow the instructions and get the Hourglass Trinket. And this is not all, some users managed to deduce the year in which the game is set:

Name:  Screenshot(57).jpg
Views: 52
Size:  85.0 KB

So if @DracoTarot or @ramax you are planning to play this someday, you can get in on that action and get a trinket before the game releases on the 15th of November this year.
    Where is this game ?

" assassincreed.com/hourglass " don't work
    Community Manager
    @ramax The game is not released yet, it should come out on the 15th of November, so almost half a year from now. The hourglass thing is a promotion campaign.

Could you try this link, see if it works? It seems you need a Ubisoft account to redeem the hourglass trinket.
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch Many thanks for the code. I first need to activate my account before redeeming. Hopefully, it works. Can't wait for the release.
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot In this case, I didn't do anything for the code, I just saw the tweet about it and thought I'd share it. It's all Ubisoft. Good luck with the account!

I actually don't mind waiting. Assassin's Creed Mirage is famously without extra DLC content, but Shadows it seems, is going back to the Origins formula and will have them, and some that are to be connected to that Assassin's Creed Infinity platform they are launching when the game launches. So I'll need to wait still before all those extra bells and whistles come out.

But most importantly, Ghost of Tsushima is already out, and it is likely a better game about Japan out of the two.
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot and @ramax a bit of development on this front, which is rather curious. Japanese players started a petition a few weeks ago demanding the cancellation of Assassin's Creed Shadows. You can sign it too if you know Japanese.

They accuse Ubisoft of insulting Japanese culture and history and misunderstanding the nature and role of the samurai. As you may remember, one of the playable characters will be Yasuke, the first protagonist in the series who is based on a real historical figure (rather than purely fictional characters that it had before). The petition claims that there are several historical inaccuracies in his portrayal.

Assassin's Creed: Shadows will be released on 15 November and it's unlikely that Ubisoft will decide to cancel a near-finished game because of this petition (though it may affect the market in Japan maybe?), but it is an interesting precedent and not something I've seen before. @GoLLuM13 maybe you know of any past examples like that?
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch there were stuff in a Call of Duty, a Tekken and Resident Evil 4 where they used stuff from Quran and disrespected it, and each company changed the problematic object with apologies after the offended community did some noise.

There's also an example in movies where the first design of Sonic was catastrophic and they delayed the move after the internet went in a crusade against Sega 😜
    Tag me to be sure I see the answer and reply to you / Taguez moi pour être sûr que je vois la réponse et vous réponde en retour
    Most of my writings in no particular order (mostly in French) / La plupart de mes écrits sans ordre particulier
    >> HERE/ ICI <<

@DoctorEldritch I agree with what you say, Ubisoft won't be cancelling the game. But it would be nice if they could correct their scenario to avoid losing the Japanese public.

If Sony were to take a stand and refuse the PS5, it would be a huge loss for the French brand. Especially as we in France love Japan.
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch Sometimes I think developers don't think things through and the deadlines to release the games are leading up to some mistakes. If the game has some sort of historical theme or is based on a specific culture or even religion they need to validate the script before putting it out there. I know of so many games, movies and series which failed due to this.