Happy International Women's Day to all the ladies in the community!

Replies
    views
    Community Manager
    Today is the eighth of March, International Women's Day! Congratulations to all our female members!

And on this day we wanted to remember impressive female characters from video games. Of course, there are quite a few such selections, but everyone can have a different perspective.

I, for one, am reminded of the charismatic test and cake lover GLaDOS from Portal.

Name:  ezgif.com-gif-maker (9).jpg
Views: 199
Size:  66.3 KB

But, generally, I prefer female character portrayal in the pure adventure genre rather than action-adventure (sorry, Lara and Aloy), such as Kara from Detroit: Become Human with her quest for self-identity.

Name:  70.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  14.8 KB

And an interesting character doesn't have to be a protagonist. Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite, for instance, is strong and charming even in the role of a MacGuffin (though she got to try the role of the protagonist in the second DLC).

Name:  ezgif.com-gif-maker (10).jpg
Views: 194
Size:  86.8 KB

Or you could think of the main female trio from The Witcher: Ciri, Triss, and Yennefer (though they're certainly not the only remarkable female characters in those games. Right, Philippa?)

Name:  58b77e120d6ed0975759a5d42589c01b.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  96.5 KB

Not sure if they can really be considered game characters though, they're majorly based on the books...

But it's not just the games, a lot of female developers work behind the scenes in the gaming industry itself. I would personally like to mention Jean Zee, art-director of Supergiant Games, the studio which brought us such games as Bastion, Transistor, and Hades. Jean is one of the main people behind the inimitable visual style of these games.

Name:  ezgif.com-gif-maker (11).jpg
Views: 157
Size:  79.2 KB

This is my selection. Maybe someone likes other female characters in games more.
    And, surely, there are a lot of good female characters that we just don't know or have forgotten about. And when, if not today, is the best time to remember them?

• 2 Replies

Community Manager
    Ciri and Yennefer are amazing!!! I'm #TeamLara , Lady Croft made me believe I could kill a T-Rex with only two pistols too 🤗

And to think we only had Peach back in the day 😶(Peach is awesome but it was very lonely for her in the gaming world)
    → Gana un ordenador Legion, participa aquí
    → ¿Aún no te has registrado?>Hazlo aquí 🤗
    Community Manager
    And to think we only had Peach back in the day 😶(Peach is awesome but it was very lonely for her in the gaming world)

Oh, it was not so bad. She had Princess Zelda and Samus to talk to.