Warhammer fans, save the date: 23rd of May!

Replies
    views
    Community Manager
    Hello Legion Gamers!

Calling out to all Warhammer fans: save the date of the 23rd of May for the Warhammer Skulls Video Games Festival!

They will talk about the upcoming Space Marine 2 (or course!) as well as other projects:

Name:  TD0cTbqvs3KAFcMh.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  93.4 KB

@ChristianRasmussen maybe they will show miniatures. This is mainly a digital presentation, but who knows? And @ramax can check out all the different Space Marine designs. And for @TrendaTen it may be nice to take a look at Space Marine 2 (pricey though it is 😅) and Boltgun again, among other things!
  • 40 Replies

Level 52
    Space Marine 2 is too expensive. I will buy when it comes down to 25USD. That's how much it's worth in my opinion. Boltgun I bought at launch for ~12USD. I'm still struggling with pixel chaos. BTW in my city recently there was a board game fair and free figure painting workshop. I painted this one with my son (lv6 3/4).
    Name:  20240413_173030.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  99.1 KB
    Name:  20240413_173003.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  100.0 KB
    (please rotate the photos)
    [Kliknij aby dodać podpis]
    Level 16
    @DoctorEldritch If we will see a model, it would be of the Premium version of the games, like Space Marine 2. But I am not looking for some good offers coming out now as we are so close to the Summer Sale which always has had higher % off.
    Community Manager
    @TrendaTen buying Space Marine 2 may be pricy for now, but looking at it at this event is free 😉

Here are your Space Marines in all their "90-degrees-turn" glory:

Name:  Screenshot(59).jpg
Views: 60
Size:  89.4 KB

They look nice, though I can only appreciate them from the amateur perspective. Who did most of the painting?
    Community Manager
    @ChristianRasmussen Yeah, Premium editions often include models. Not sure if they will include the one you can paint yourself, though.

This event is not a sale, though, it is a game presentation. Not sure if any games would get any discounts there, it is more for developers to share their plans and future releases, it is an annual thing, happened last year, too. So it is more informative, like what expansions are planned to Rogue Trader and Battlesector, that sort of thing.

For me, I find it interesting that the showcase list does not include Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War, I wonder if that means they finished developing all the expansions and the game is now complete with all the factions. That could be the case, but if they are planning one last expansion for it, then now is about time for release (they release them at about half-year intervals and the last one Drukhari was back in November). Maybe it will be a surprise reveal at the showcase. Or, maybe, they are done with the game. Then I will finally be able to play it...

And maybe even with a discount, as you said, the Summer Sale is coming 😁
    Level 52
    @TrendaTen
    They look nice, though I can only appreciate them from the amateur perspective. Who did most of the painting?

Let's say half each. I organized the work but it's our joint work. The dry brush method on most surfaces is very easy to implement. The details I did all the work. Together we spent an hour on it. It was a cool experience
    Level 16
    @DoctorEldritch Let me show you my source for my information.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/...wo-weeks-away/

In there they state:

As usual, Warhammer fans will also enjoy a whole week of offers and freebies, including up to 90% off Warhammer titles. New content, DLCs, and free updates will be available across multiple platforms, including Steam, Xbox, PlayStation, Epic Games Store, Windows 10, GOG, Apple, GeForce Now, and many more.
    Community Manager
    @TrendaTen It does look nice. The only thing is that it needs a white omega symbol on the shoulders, usually ultramarines have that. Those shoulders have no precast sign for some reason, I guess you could draw it on, but it is harder to do.

And the seal with parchment on the shoulder is usually red and parchment colour rather than ultramarine.

But that's just me being picky, the figure is nice.
    Community Manager
    As usual, Warhammer fans will also enjoy a whole week of offers and freebies, including up to 90% off Warhammer titles. New content, DLCs, and free updates will be available across multiple platforms, including Steam, Xbox, PlayStation, Epic Games Store, Windows 10, GOG, Apple, GeForce Now, and many more.

Ah, I stand corrected, you are right! Missed that bit. Though I do not remember there being quite that big of discounts last time. I guess we'll see tomorrow... Thank you for pointing that out!
    Level 52
    @TrendaTen It does look nice. The only thing is that it needs a white omega symbol on the shoulders, usually ultramarines have that. Those shoulders have no precast sign for some reason, I guess you could draw it on, but it is harder to do.

And the seal with parchment on the shoulder is usually red and parchment colour rather than ultramarine.

But that's just me being picky, the figure is nice.

As for the omega, I agree, but painting it by hand at this scale is beyond my capabilities. Look that the edge of the epaulette is crookedly painted. The seal as well as a few other details were not finished because the lesson time ran out.