Warhammer fans, save the date: 23rd of May!

Replies
    views
    Level 16
    @DoctorEldritch

It is good that you haven't watched it because it is worse then just being based on little source material, it is bending all the law to the point where is should break and therefore an totally different universe (alternate reality) compaired to the real source material.
    That is what has been going on in so many different series, Star Trek, Star Wars, Lort of the Rings and so on. (Sadly)
    Community Manager
    @ChristianRasmussen Sometimes experiments can be ok. Lower Decks, for example, indeed does not have a Star Trek vibe, but if you look past that, it's more or less ok (if you like that type of animation, of course). But it is on a case-by-case basis, with Lower Decks, even though they were "connected" to Strange New Worlds, always had this feel that "we're no serious Star Trek, we're just farcing" vibe, so I can forgive them going off canon.

Strange New Worlds, on the other hand, claims a deeper connection to the main series, but they had many questionable (to me) decisions, for example, like what they did with Spock and his creepy smiling:

Name:  frame_00_delay-0.07s.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  66.8 KB

So I did not like it as It still sort of captures the Star Trek vibe (more so than Discovery, at least), but not enough to be truly good (again, IMHO). Often I do not like it when things go too off-canon, especially vibe-wise.