Check out Beetlejuice 2 trailer

Replies
    views
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch You're making some valid points. I guess I'm still stuck in the past and struggle to adapt to change.

On the other hand, I'm looking forward to watching TAROT tonight. There's no way I'm putting this movie on hold.

Name:  Tarot_Teaser_Poster.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  17.3 KB

Community Manager
    @DoctorEldritch You're making some valid points. I guess I'm still stuck in the past and struggle to adapt to change.

Not necessarily, The Addams Family is nostalgic for us at this point, so it is no surprise that we may remember it differently or put more emphasis on different aspects of it, that's just how it works. And, too, with the recent trend of digging out old classics and remaking them in a modern way trend, it is easy to get defensive about your childhood memories and not fully welcome new things. "I want Christina Ricci to play Wednesday because she played her when I was 4 and this is how I want it done now", I can get that 😉

On the other hand, I'm looking forward to watching TAROT tonight. There's no way I'm putting this movie on hold.

Ah, I know that one, I wanted to mention it to you, but then I saw its IMDb score (4.8) and I thought better not to as it does not seem to be that good and I did not want to disappoint you. Have you watched it in the end, is it one of those things that are "so bad it's good", or what is wrong with it? 4.8 is quite low...
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch I must confess I had a crush on Ricci and still do. That's why I can't get over the fact someone else is filling her role LOL!!! 😂

Well, I guess I would need to adapt to the new age.

TAROT wasn't that bad. It wasn't brilliant and a bit overdone for my taste. The IMDb score (4.8) is on point and I can agree with it. At least it's not one of those (4.3) ones I've seen lately.

The movie is kind of funny and not scary at all. If you want to have a good chuckle it's worth watching.

The reason for such a low score could be to actual Tarot readers like me who watched the movie and thought the readings were far from being on point.

Name:  rwojb1jroxqa1.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  86.1 KB
    Community Manager
    I would not mind someone else filling her role if the new person was better, but that almost never happens when actors change. Look at Witcher, for example. Even with Doctor Who I liked them less and less since Tennant (I do not really watch Doctor Who anymore...). The one time where I thought the change was for the better is when Mikkelsen replaced Depp as Grindelwald.

If you enjoyed the film, I guess that's all that matters, even if it does have a low score. Though I am not sure if Tarot readers are a large enough group to cause the score to drop. But hey, at least you're more active than physicists who watched the Interstellar, it has a high score despite physics there being stretched to the limit with that black hole thing 😅

That meme made me think about his role in Star Wars and how he must have collected all those lightsaber crystals for some reason...
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot by the way, again not connected to Beetlejuice, but I just saw this yesterday and thought that I should tell you: do you know about this?

It's from Korea.