Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 27

Esports champions Team Nigma move their HQ to Abu Dhabi
    11-04-21

Hi everyone, just wanted to share this bit of news if you haven't heard yet. Abu Dhabi Gaming is a new initiative in Abu Dhabi that has launched a couple of weeks ago, and they have substantial backing from the government to make Abu Dhabi the new hub for gaming and esports in the country and region. One of the first things they've done is getting one of the top DOTA2 esports team Team Nigma to move to Abu Dhabi. I really think that this is a great move even if you're not necessarily a fan of the game because this is the stepping stone to building a legit industry here with a job market for it, too.

https://www.adgaming.ae/team-nigma-t...-its-new-home/

What are your thoughts?
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 0

15-04-21

Amazing move , even if I don't follow dota esports I am happy that the esports is finally getting the support it deserves in the region.

Would love for esports / gaming to catch up to the standards of EU , NA , China and Korea.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 27

16-04-21

Quote Originally Posted by Justicar View Post
    Amazing move , even if I don't follow dota esports I am happy that the esports is finally getting the support it deserves in the region.

Would love for esports / gaming to catch up to the standards of EU , NA , China and Korea.

Agreed! I don't follow Dota2 nor do I play any MOBA games, but this is huge for the industry in the community (and will also open up more jobs in the gaming segment), and I definitely will be going to watch one of the matches live at an arena once that becomes possible.