Spam on the forum: ADMIN take the right decisions!

Replies
    views
    @UnapologeticDino @CandelaSynth

Hello !

Already this morning, the forum was chugging along like crazy, it must have been spamming like crazy ...

And as I went over to the English community to chat with our English-speaking friends, I saw that a whole category was being bombarded.

I report the first spammer, go to the second and 'boom' an error message. Now you can only report spammers once a minute. And there are about twenty of them

So basically you don't want us to report you anymore. 😴

Wouldn't it be better to take effective action?

- Appoint moderators, who could change according to availability ( And why not in a slightly playful form, like a totem that you pass around, largely feasible with vBulletin )

- A more advanced captcha for creating an account.

- Validation of new topics for members below level 5, by members at least level 30.

- An option for level 20+ members to report a spammer, which immediately puts this person on topic approval/validation.

• 3 Replies

Head of Community
    Hi @ramax

Yer I'm not going to beat around the bush here. There's a lot of spam currently. Good news is that @UnapologeticDino @CandelaSynth as well as the rest of the team (and myself) are busy getting rid of them.

Now we also have a few new tricks up our sleeve (that I can' reveal for obvious reason), but it should be back to normal soon.

In the mean time keep up the good work and if you see a bot/spam post please report it to us. We'll get to it right away!

Mr Snow :)
    -- The human embodiment of golden retriever energy.