6th-10th of June: all events!

Replies
    views
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch Yeah I did. Still have it under my game library and play it often. :)
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot I find the gameplay to be a bit basic, but the game is a bit old now, it was good for its time. Hopefully, SM2 will have all the modern bells and whistles to excite us.
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch These days I enjoy old games more than new ones. While new games may be better I can't seem to get used to updating a game every two days and constantly being online.

Especially when updates include optimizations or changes to the game's engine or underlying systems that require significant portions of the game files to be updated even if the changes themselves are relatively small.

I had one download that took a week to complete because the servers were so full and my download kept moving to a queue.

Not to mention when the game download crashes and I have to start over.

The subscription fees are also a bit too steep these days. Not to mention some games cost double in SA to download than the rest of the world.

Community Manager
    @DracoTarot That seems to be the current theme in gaming, yeah... But I guess it may also come down to what games are to be considered "old". I, for example, always wait for all DLCs to come out before playing and go for goty or similar, so those games are usually pretty polished by the time I get to them. Does it make them old? Maybe, they are usually around for a few years by then. Is Cyberpunk 2077 old? Not really, but also sort of? But Space Marine is older still 😅

But there are still many decent new games, indie in particular, that do not need an online connection and do not have that many updates, and in many cases, these games themselves are small enough that updates do not take long at all. What about those?
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch These days I also wait for DLCs to come out before playing. Cyberpunk 2077 does not want to work on my PC. I loved Space Marine but haven't played it in a while.

There are a few Indie games I tried which were good and yeah not struggle with updates and online play.

The thing is games are getting too expensive and an ordinary bloke like me isn't in a position to afford some of the new releases.

I'd rather spend $160 on new hardware. 😁

Community Manager
    @DracoTarot True, that's why I usually wait for discounts and special offers. Or that thing EGS and Steam do with weekly free games these days... While many smaller games are affordable, big AAA titles are now a luxury item for me, something for special occasions even. Sigh.
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch I want a Legion Go so badly and need to save every penny. Something I can't understand is if I order one from Amazon US it will work out cheaper than purchasing one in SA.

With shipping and taxes included the GO is almost $100 cheaper. Amazon SA's prices on items are also so inflated and don't make sense. I mean I'm shipping an item from overseas and all the logistics involved must be more expensive. Amazon SA has same-day delivery and the item is locally available, still, it would be much more expensive.

It truly blows my mind!!

Name:  132257ae-4fe5-4284-a654-aacc97dfb38e_text.gif
Views: 42
Size:  333.6 KB
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot Is Amazon the only way to get it in SA?
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch There are other companies I could purchase from but some are even more expensive.

I could order one directly from Lenovo but I'm sure when it arrives in SA, customs will most definitely send me a tax declaration form and only give me seven days to pay. If I do not agree to the tax they will either auction off the product or send it back to the supplier without receiving any refund.

The latest news is people who purchase from TEMU will now have to pay an extra 45% tax and shipping costs, especially on clothing and shoes. TEMU and SHAIN want to fight this in court.
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot What about places like Extra or Jarir Bookstore?