Like a Dragon Yakuza is getting an Amazon series!

Replies
    views
    Community Manager
    @ZaidH Hard to tell, we never see the features of the clan male members, and they are not always blood-related to each other, but we can see that Noa is Japanese, so chances are you're right and Jo is too. Hugo Weaving would definitely pull that off (though maybe he will need to call on Brad Martin for those action scenes again), but if they go for native, then I wonder who could do it...

To be fair, Daigo did have that rebel phase at one point:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	41yprsxim1o51-ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg-converter.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	30176

But I have difficulty picturing Tom even there, to be honest. He just does not have that "bad boy" vibe, even as Nate Drake he was a "friendly neighbourhood tomb raider", to me he is stuck with that image, hard to picture him as anything else...
    Level 23
    The show runners frantically searching for actors with "Amon" as their names as we speak 😆

Yeah lmao I've yet to see a Tom Holland movie that doesn't have Spider-Man like mannerisms in it.
    Community Manager
    @ZaidH Hiroyuki Sanada could do it, but he is a bit too old for that, now. But he'd be perfect if he was younger. I am not sure who of the current actors could pull that off. We'll see who they end up with, if at all. Chances are they may cut out the whole Amon thing from the series completely.

I want to say In the Heart of the Sea might be a movie like that, he was in it in 2015 with Chris Hemsworth. Chris was already Thor, but Tom was not yet Spider-Man, that came a year later. But most of what he did after that had that Spider-Man aftertaste, yeah. And In the Heart of the Sea was not that good of a movie either.
    Level 23
    Hiroyuki Sanada is probably booked for the Ghost of Tsushima adaptation 🥲 But yeah it'll be a surprise to see the Jo Amon stuff make into the final cut.

It's a shame that Tom opts/is casted into roles like that. It's not like he doesn't have the acting chops. I'm not a fan of his rendition of Peter Parker, but my god he delivered some stellar stuff in No Way Home.
    Community Manager
    @ZaidH He already has his hands full with more seasons of Shogun, I'd think. But maybe.

I think he tried to get out of that image with Uncharted, but it still felt like it was Peter Parker acting as Nate Drake, not proper Nate Drake. To me, at least. The web of Spider-Man is a tough one to escape from, it seems.

But if all else fails, he may have a bright future in lip syncing:

Level 23
    Oh wow that's some top notch talent on display. Damnit now I want to see Daigo Holland ripping the Disco minigame to shreds 😆
    Community Manager
    @ZaidH That Disco was rather mild, though, coming all the way from the 80s. If you take away the minigame component and just look at the moves, then animation is actually rather basic, I mean, even I could do those (if threatened, of course, but still), except for the special moves:

I'd rather see Daigo Holland trying to be an idol and competing with Haruka on a stage. But I guess that's too much frivolity for the story😅
    Level 23
    Lmao totally forgot Kiryu beyblading on the disco floor 😂 I'm very politely threatening you to bust out your fever mode 🔫

"I'd rather see Daigo Holland trying to be an idol and competing with Haruka on a stage."

Scenario writers please take note!!! THIS is what the adaptation needs to have.
    Community Manager
    To be honest, while I was born in the 80s, disco is not really my jam, I'd rather chill in a cafe with Yakuza jazz:

Then again, if not fever mode, I am not even sure moves in Yakuza qualify as dances...

Scenario writers please take note!!! THIS is what the adaptation needs to have.
    IKR. He already has that "mid-performance changing outfit" and everything. But realistically it will never happen. Maybe only in fanfic. Or imagination 😅