Like a Dragon Yakuza is getting an Amazon series!

Replies
    views
    Level 23
    Lols no idea what to feel at this point 🫠 I wonder if there were similar speculations before the release of the Fallout show.
    Community Manager
    I wonder if there were similar speculations before the release of the Fallout show.

This reminded me of this bit from Terror:

@ZaidH: I heard Brotherhood of Steel in Fallout series has some elements of Caesar's Legion for some reason!
    @DoctorEldrich:

Name:  interesting-speculation-the-terror-ezgif.com-optimize(1).gif
Views: 8
Size:  945.5 KB

😉

That being said, Fallout and Yakuza do not really compare in this particular regard as Fallout famously does not have a fixed protagonist, it is either a Courrier or a Vault Dweller or whoever, and even then you're free to choose what they look like and how they behave.

Yakuza, on the other hand, has an iconic fixed protagonist (s) with a very clear code of values and principles. Fallout may have been speculated about, but there was never a pressure for them to bring iconic character to life like that, they could just tell a story. Yakuza producers decided not to do that and instead raised the stakes by trying to retell the famous character. So speculating about them has more merit, they have a bigger chance for error.