What do you think of Resident Evil 7: Biohazard?

• No Tags
View Tag Cloud
    Head of Community

Hi guys,

In the past few days I've started playing Resident Evil 7: Biohazard on Google Stadia in anticipation of the new Resident Evil 8: Village which is coming beginning of May this year. 😁

This survival horror game developed and published by Capcom came out in 2017. It's the 9th major Resident Evil game in the series and is a little bit different from the previous 5 and 6 - it returns to the earlier survival horror roots a bit more, highlighting the exploration aspects. There's also been a shift towards first-person perspective to emphasise the horror experiences even more. 😄

Playing this alone in my house after dark definitely made me feel a little creeped out. Check under the bed before sleep just in case.... 👀 😂 I think I still have a long way to go at the house still as I've just come across "the Molded" and had to stop there to take a break. If you've played, how far did you get so far?

Mode: Single-player
    Genre: Survival Horror
    Developer: Capcom
    Engine: RE Engine
    Platforms: PS4, XBox One, Nintendo Switch, Windows, Google Stadia, Amazon Luna

Name:  RE708b.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  25.2 KB Name:  RE709.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  26.3 KB

STORY
    From the RE7 website: "When Ethan Winters opened his inbox, the last thing he expected was to find an email from his wife; she had been missing for three years. The message was simple: "Come get me," and an address in Louisiana.

This leads Ethan to a decrepit mansion in the heart of the bayou. The place has a seriously creepy vibe, but Ethan continues his search – until a stranger attacks him and knocks him unconscious.

Ethan has no idea what awaits him when he wakes up...for he is now in the clutches of the Baker family."

Name:  RE703b.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  48.8 KB Name:  RE704b.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  27.9 KB

GAMEPLAY
    Combat is an integral part of the atmosphere of RE7 and the new Isolated View perspective allows you to feel close to the action. The Baker Family aren't the only ones in the house... there's also something even more terrifying lurking in there so be prepared when you start exploring the house. 👀
    A tip: the only way to stop the creatures (they're called "Molded") is to destroy their central nervous system...

You have to find a way out of the dilapidated house and escape with your life. You'll need to explore everything you can find in the house to overcome obstacles and mysteries - leave no stone unturned! The amount of ammunition and healing items you can carry is small so think carefully what you'll take with you and what you'll leave behind.

Remember to look out for occasional video tapes that give you background information on what's happened in the past. They might contain crucial hints for your survival.

Name:  RE702b.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  28.3 KB Name:  RE705b.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  25.8 KB​​​​​​​

Have you played Resident Evil 7? What did you think? Was it as scary for you as it's for me? 😅 Let me know below! 👇
    ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​☕ Hi I'm Marion and I'm part of the Legion Community Team!
  • 6 Replies

Level 7
    Uff. Undeads in World of Warcraft are more than enough for me. Resident Evil is just.. no, no, no.
    Level 2
    It's incredible for what is nearly a 4 year old game RE.

Challenging and terrifying experience.
    with Stadia it is a good way to play in the cloud and fast / don't need to have computer upgraded or NexGen console example.
    (It needs to have a good and stable connection with the Chromecast Ultra.)
    Head of Community
    @Liue those Undead are a bit creepy aren't they 😄 My old main is Undead though and the story when you start as an undead is interesting!
    @Saku Are you looking forward then to the new Resident Evil too? Not long to wait now! I've taken a few days break from RE7 but want to finish it before the new one comes out!
    Level 7
    Can't understand you people. 😲 Honestly, I am terrified of zombies in RE and would probably have so bad nightmares that gosh.

EDIT: Okay, I did read more about RE7 and upcoming RE8. It is not completely apocalypse-zombie kind of game anymore? I remember it use to be back in the days, years and years ago. More like survival based horror game now?
    Last edited by Liue; 23-04-21 at 05:45.
    Head of Community
    Yeah I think so @Liue! Survival horror and exploration. Lots of details to investigate, which was a surprise to me so far with RE7 as I was imagining it would be more directly fighting monsters. But then again I haven't finished the game yet so that's probably coming soon too lol. So far it's been a slower burn trying to figure out how to leave a creepy dark house where I'm trapped in and to avoid members of a creepy family.
    Level 2
    @Marion I tried the demo of RESIDENT EVIL VII.I.AGE on PS4, it looks really nice at the start and the environment , the gameplay is great.
    But I think at this time, I don't have time to play a lot. True it is set really soon to release on May 7, 2021.