AC:Oddysey FPS drop to 45-50

Replies
    views
    Level 1
    greetings fella's!

i wondering if something wrong with my laptop or it just some normal thing for Ac:odyssey to suddenly fps drop around 45-50. when its stabilized , the fps is around 60-70. idk if there is something wrong or it just something normal.

i'm using Lenovo Legion Pro 5-16ACH6H-BGID and here the spec :

Processor : AMD Ryzen 7 5800H (8C / 16T, 3.2 / 4.4GHz, 4MB L2 / 16MB L3)
    Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6, Boost Clock 1560 / 1620MHz, TGP 140W
    Chipset : AMD SoC Platform
    Memory : 2x 16GB SO-DIMM DDR4-3200

​​​​​​​thanks.
    Last edited by MisterKim; 01-05-22 at 05:09. Reason: mistyping
  • 2 Replies

Community Manager
    Hey @MisterKim, welcome to the community!

I don't know how to helo you but maybe our friend (if he's not too busy) @Lascax from the Italian community could you give you a hand? 🤗
    → ¿Aún no te has registrado? > Hazlo aquí 😎
    → ¿Quieres ganarte una alfombrilla exclusiva de Lenovo? Haz clic aquí 🤔
    → ¿Ya viste nuestros nuevos portátiles de la gama Legion 7? Pincha aquí vara verlos
    Level 18
    Hello!
    I have almost the same laptop (5Pro/5800H/3070/16GB) but I didn't play AC Odissey.
    I've researched the average fps count for this game on the 3070 mobile, and it looks like it's not that far from the data you provided: https://technical.city/it/video/GeForce-RTX-3070-mobile
    Here's a video with several tests on fullHD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8uUjWonkls
    I'd suggest you to try these same tests as the video and see if you're that far ( obviously there will be some variation, but I don't think you'll go over 10% difference ).
    Also a reminder that some specific places in the game might drop fps count because they may be rendering larger areas or too many models ( NPCs, objects, especially if scripted or animated ).
    Tbh, it just looks like it's not a very well optimized game overall, which wouldn't be that rare from Ubisoft, unfortunately.