Hey everybody! We are Lenovo Girls Legion!

views
    Level 5
    Hey everybody

Thought this would be just the right place to introduce our community as well <3

We are Lenovo Girls Legion! A Danish initiative backed by Lenovo to support women gamers and start the conversation about sexism in online gaming-communities!

So far we have taken the conversation to prime time Danish TV, created our own events and joined others as well as created our FB group and discord servers to act as a safe space for women gamers, who need a break from the hassle of unregulated online communities.

We are not done here though! We have dreams about making women tournaments, facilitate free coaching and growing our community beyond the borders of Denmark. Actually we are launching in Norway this week, and are terribly exited about it :D

Posting for the GL on this community will mainly be done by me... My name is Niels, and I am the project manager for the Girls Legion initiative... I'm an old-school RPG-kinda guy and have enjoyed the hell out of series like Baldur's Gate, Mass Effect and The Witcher.. I also really liked the Fallout series, until it became bad!
    Oh and I'm also a hard-stuck Silver II Teemo one-trick-pony in LoL by the way... No regrets!

We could use all the help we could get, and we have a lot of work to do... So I humbly request everybody reading this to send their scandinavian gamer-friends our way... Or just check us out yourself at girlslegion.gg

PS: And before anybody gets all pissy and mentions the fact that a man is in charge of a initiative like this... Let me just state the fact, that my boss is very much a woman...
    I am not the general! I'm more like colonel perhaps... But a colonel can still grab a troop of legionnaires to kick some barbarian ass! Let's go!
    Head of Community
    @Girls Legion Hi colonel Niels 😁 awesome thanks so much for introducing your group on here. Welcome!!

Amazing and important initiatives and I would for sure join a women's gaming tournament some day in the future by the way so keep me posted. 😁 And congrats on launching in Norway!

Looking forward to some future activities together perhaps, with your Girls Legion community and our Legion EMEA community here - we are also all about having a fun, safe, friendly and inclusive gaming environment both here on the forums and also in our game nights and gaming activities. 🤗

Oh, Mass Effect - I'm actually playing through the trilogy at the moment. So nostalgic! It's a bit slow going as I alternate between that and a bunch of other games right now but aiming to progress soon to the 2nd game.

See you around on the community! 👋