Game Pass : What's up for the first half of June 2024 ?

Replies
    views
    Level 52

Games coming to the Game Pass :
    • Octopath Traveler (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    • Octopath Traveler II (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    • Depersonalization (PC) – June 12
    • Isonzo (Cloud, Console, and PC) – June 13
    • The Callisto Protocol (Cloud, Console, and PC) – June 13
    • Still Wakes the Deep (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S) – June 18

DLC / Game Updates :
    • Minecraft 15 Year Anniversary – Available until June 22

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Perks :
    • Sea of Thieves: Ebon Flintlock Pack – Available now
    • Vigor: Heatwave Havoc Pack – Available now
    • MultiVersus: MVP Pack 1 – Available now

Games leaving the Game Pass on June 15 :
    • Bramble: The Mountain King (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    • High on Life (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    • Rune Factory 4 Special (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    • Spacelines from the Far Out (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    • The Bookwalker (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    Tag me to be sure I see the answer and reply to you / Taguez moi pour être sûr que je vois la réponse et vous réponde en retour
    Most of my writings in no particular order (mostly in French) / La plupart de mes écrits sans ordre particulier
    >> HERE/ ICI <<

• 8 Replies

Community Manager
    @GoLLuM13 Peculiar selection this time. I may try Octopath Traveler. I hear it has good reviews, but the style is not really my thing. But if it is included, I may give it a go, maybe I'll get used to it.

The Callisto Protocol could be exciting but may be too scary and, more importantly, it was not all that well received. And I still have that Dead Space plan looming over me.

Speaking of which, Still Wakes the Deep could be interesting, but this one is a black horse as it is not released yet, no way to tell how scary or good it is. The location is interesting and maybe we'll get some eldritch vibe which I like, but we'll just have to see. I mean, if the level of scary there is like in Close to the Sun, then I will be able to handle it.

And Depersonalization is an odd one, still in Early Access, and if you check it on Steam it does look bizarre, I am not sure if it is even localized. I wonder why it was pushed into Game Pass as it is now...

Shame about The Bookwalker, I had it on my "play later" list but took too long, it seems. Oh well...

Did anything catch your eye this month?
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch For me, it would have been Octopath Traveler (1+2) and The Callisto Protocol
    Tag me to be sure I see the answer and reply to you / Taguez moi pour être sûr que je vois la réponse et vous réponde en retour
    Most of my writings in no particular order (mostly in French) / La plupart de mes écrits sans ordre particulier
    >> HERE/ ICI <<

Community Manager
    @GoLLuM13 When you're done with Callisto, whenever it may be, could you tell what you think of it? It looks good visually, but "Mostly Positive" in Steam is a bit low, I am not sure what to make of it.
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch if/when I'll try it, I'll give you my thoughts
    >> HERE/ ICI <<

Community Manager
    @GoLLuM13 I may try Octopath in the meantime...
    Community Manager
    @GoLLuM13 So I looked into the reviews for Still Wakes the Deep and the consensus seems to be that the art and voice acting are good, but the level design and gameplay are boring:

So it is like Close to the Sun. Honestly, not sure if that is a bad thing for me. It does not seem scary, boring things are not, so I could try it, but then again, why try a boring game in the first place? Maybe for voice acting...
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch sometimes the story and the beauty of the game are enough to have q good entertainment
    >> HERE/ ICI <<

Community Manager
    @GoLLuM13 That's true, in a strange way it made me want to try it more. I mean, if I know it is not as scary, it's a plus. Though I am critical of games with eldritch elements, it is important story is done well there.