Epic Games Store Free Game 19-26 May

Replies
    views
    Community Manager
    Hello Legion Gamers!

Every week throughout the year, Epic Games Store offers games for free!

This week's free game is... 🥁

Borderlands 3

Name:  BL3Wide_2560x1440-2560x1440-462318f36bee20de4412e111ef72dc62.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  104.5 KB

The franchise's latest instalment is packing bazillions of guns and a mayhem-fueled adventure! Blast through new worlds & enemies and save your home from the most ruthless cult leaders in the galaxy!

Personally, I still need to get to this game (so this is a good opportunity for me right here!), but I played the first 2 parts (and that pre-sequel one), and I think that if you've got a good team of friends, it can be great fun.

And yes, I know that there is an opinion that Borderlands 3 has some holes in the plot but, honestly, I'd say the plot is not what this series is about, it is about guns and shooting stuff. If you want the plot, go for Tales from the Borderlands instead!

Speaking of, Tales from the Borderlands 2 is coming out this year, so if you miss Pandora or want to brush up on its inhabitants (hey Moxxi!), then this is a good (and free!) chance to do so! I know I will! I always play the sniper character (Mordecai, Zer0, Aurelia), so this time I want to try FL4K. Who will you play as?
    Last edited by DoctorEldritch; 29-05-22 at 10:41.
  • 38 Replies

Level 21
    @DoctorEldritch can't wait. Another game I enjoy. Can't get enough of Claptrap. One of my fave characters.
    DracoTarot
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot Claptrap is fun. Did you try playing as him in Pre-Sequel?

Level 21
    @DoctorEldritch I totally forgot Claptrap is a playable character 😘. I don't have Borderlands Pre Sequel anymore. I need to download it again LOL!! Borderlands 3 atracts my attention more right now😃
    DracoTarot
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot Ah, well, he is actually the weakest character there, game even asks you if you're sure you want to play as him if you choose him, he is (as, let's face it, he should be) weaker than other Vault Hunters there. But he makes up for it with puns and attitude.

I'd say focus on Borderlands 3 then and maybe while you do, Pre-Sequel will get a discount or free offer of its own.

​​​​​​​Which Vault Hunter will you play as in Borderlands 3?
    Level 21
    @DracoTarot Ah, well, he is actually the weakest character there, game even asks you if you're sure you want to play as him if you choose him, he is (as, let's face it, he should be) weaker than other Vault Hunters there. But he makes up for it with puns and attitude.

I'd say focus on Borderlands 3 then and maybe while you do, Pre-Sequel will get a discount or free offer of its own.

​​​​​​​Which Vault Hunter will you play as in Borderlands 3?

I will lean towards Moze – Gunner, and then when I get the hang of the game I'll move over to a second character. I think my second choice would be Zane the Operative. 😉
    DracoTarot
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot Interesting, why those 2? In my case, I like to fight from far away (as @LockOut, @j7schultz and @RedswordGames may testify after our Fortnite game together), so for me, it was always about sniper rifles.

So I am a bit worried that FL4K is not as focused on those as more specialized characters in previous games like Zer0 or Aurelia. But I guess FL4K is the closest one to the sniper build.

What about Moze and Zane, what interests you about them?
    Level 21
    @DoctorEldritch

​​​​​​​Actually I play range in Fortnite because I am bad with it xd
    Like ok call of duty black ops 1+2 I played sniper for close range like using sniper but I don't hide you will saw me run to enemy team
    If you hit a wall, hit it hard​​​​​​​
    Community Manager
    @LockOut I don't hide either, it's called "tactical cover". 😉

With me, I was never really good with anything else but snipers, so it's pretty much the only choice.

​​​​​​​Unless there is a "Medic" class like in Team Fortress 2, remember that, @LockOut?
    Level 21
    @DoctorEldritch Zane has the ability to spawn a Digi-Clone. The Clone stays in place but distracts and fires at enemies. Pressing the assigned Active Skill button while the Clone is active causes Zane and the Clone to swap places.

Moze on the other hand has the ability to summon Iron Bear, her mech. It is capable of fighting without being piloted and comes with its own health pool consisting of armour. Iron Bear is capable of sprinting and jumping and can perform a double jump that allows it to hover and gain momentum - continuous use of double jumping allows for movement speed that is faster than normal sprinting.

Their skills look interesting, hence my choice.

Most of the time when I play games my first choice would be a distance fighter. Snipers or archers are especially good in a co-op to protect tank and close-range characters.

I've played Skyrim and Diablo for a while now and focus more on close-range fighting. Zane and Moze are fit for these types of builds.
    DracoTarot